News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA OCT 10-11

Started by NorCal22Gal, October 13, 2015, 07:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Warm October temps didn't keep 7 folks from coming out to the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center to learn some marksmanship tips.  4 of them had been to Appleseed before and returned bringing friends and family.

We got started with the safety briefing and our morning Red Coat.  Once the teaching started, it was plain that all of our students were ready to learn all they could.

Ian posted the first Rifleman score of the weekend with a very nice 226.  He said it was higher than his first one.

Ended Saturday with awarding of some well-deserved young patriot patches to Zeph and Devon! Great work guys!!! 

Sunday proved to be only a slight bit cooler than Saturday (so much for fall being here.), but that didn't stop 5 of our students from returning and working hard.

Jason posted the second Rifleman score, also a 226, higher than his first Rifleman score too.  Ian's dad wasn't to be left out and score a 210, (yes the waters of the North Bridge made an appearance).

Devon & Janet (our lone Lady on the line) made great improvements!

Ian decided that he wanted to give back what he'd been given and has joined us on the Appleseed Trail!  Welcome to the family Ian!

Aram & Zeph, hope you get to come back out again sometime.

Thank you to all of you for coming out to learn what we had to teach.

Thank you also for staying to help us clean up.

A BIG THANK YOU TO MY INSTRUCTORS, EAGLESCOUTER, DUCKY AND VINNIE!!  Without you I couldn't do this.

See you all later!

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

eaglescouter

7th Stepping is alive and well in NorCal!

Ok, I guess that deserves a bit of explanation....   We had several repeat Appleseeders attending this time, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them brought family and/or friends with them.    The 7th Step is the hardest one, getting friends and family to share your vision/passion of the events of April 19, 1775.

Appleseed, it IS about the Rifle Marksmanship, AND a lot more.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

More pic's
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

NorCal22Gal

Robert shared his experiences on CalGuns.  Here's the link to his post and pictures.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1123671

NorCal22Gal

Devon's Mom posted on her facebook....

Devon Mom posted on FB

"A very good friend did a very good thing for my son. He decided (all on his own) to submit my kid to an open RFP for shooters needing a little sumpin'. He won, which means that Devon  won. They went shooting at the Appleseed Project last weekend. This (per my own non-shooter, mom-ish ignorant-of-shooting terms) weekend of learning about shooting guns and Revolutionary War guns/poses/history, specifically, was 'awesome' for him. I grew up between Revolutionary War battlefields, my 'other' home was the 'Old Dutch Parsonage', where George was said to have slept, and had musket ball holes in the attic door. We took the kids to George's HQ' Rockingham, last we visited NJ...but there's nothing like engaging the kid in something he loves WHILST feeding him the history that will make it stick like skin on bologna. I love that Uncle Robert Nielsen cares enough to help us keep Dev in scouts AND learning to shoot properly (which said son loves to do)."

We're glad Devon had a great time too.