News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion, OH Oct 3 & 4, 2015

Started by Corvette, October 05, 2015, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Well we had another great shoot at Meeker Sportsman Center near Marion, OH. The shoot was sold out and just about everybody showed up in spite of the cold, rain and wind predicted for the day.
The welcome and safety brief were presented and the morning Red Coat was shot. It was clear from the start that we had a group of shooters. 12 of 20 competent at 100 and 5 folks joined Daniel Morgans Riflemen.

Right after the Red Coat the drizzle that would stay with us started. But there were no complaints. We worked hard on the steady hold factors, the six steps and NPOA in spite of the weather. We theb introduced IMC, adjusted sights, confirmed the adjustments and it was lunch before we knew it.

The First Strike was told, seated and off hand were introduced and the Second Strike was shared at the afternoon break. A practice AQT and a Third Strike finished the day.

Sunday's weather was as good as Saturday's was bad. Spirits were high with the sunshine and comfortable temps. And, the wind was zero which made everybody happy. After some NPOA drills and carding the sights, we started the live AQTs.

We made three new Riflemen and had another reconfirm his skills.  Congratulations to Brandon-219, Jason-213, Matt -226 & 218, and Chewie-213.  Steve was knocking on the door all day with scores above 200 and a high of 207.  If we could ever get him to count right, he will make it I am sure. ;D

We shot the Sunday Red Coat and improvement was evident at all distances. We had 5 cleared Red Coats over the course of the weekend. Huzzah. The weekend ended with distance work at 100 yds for our 22 shooters and 200, 300, and 400 yds for our center fire shooters.

Big thanks to Shep and MTRisner for helping.  Could not have done Itzel without your help.  Let's get those pictures posted.

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DrRichP

WOW!!! What an impressive event! Well done to all involved! :bow: Congrats to the new rifleman! : O0  I cant wait to see pictures!! ;)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Shep

What a great Appleseed on a great range! Thanks to all the participants for toughing it out on Saturday, and congratulations to our new Riflemen! 
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

MTRisner

This was my first AS at this range and my first with Corvette and Shep. The range was great. Both Corvette and Shep are great. The shooters were a great group. A fine weekend indeed. I look forward to more AS with people of this caliber. Thank you to the shooters, the other instructors and the Meeker Sportsman Center.
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."     ~ John Adams (A letter to Abigail Adams; Philadelphia, Saturday evening, 26 April, 1777)

�...Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about,...�     ~Lord Hugh Percy

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."     ~ Ben Franklin

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"     ~ Patrick Henry