News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooner WI October 3-4, 2015

Started by Taylor, October 05, 2015, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Our third 2015 Appleseed at our great host, Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club, was another memorable event!  ^:)^

We had two Father/Daughter teams on the line both of whom displayed plenty of marksmanship skill. Previous Rifleman Jim scored a 206 twice and his daughter Elizabeth I believe had a best score in the 190s in addition to clearing Saturday's final Redcoat target. Jon J and his daughter Grace had bests in the 170s and 180s prior to having to leave early on Sunday due to a social obligation.

Eric battled equipment issues all weekend but didn't quit and racked up several impressive AQT scores.

Previous Rifleman Ralph didn't requalify but will be back I am sure.

First time shooter Stephanie came out on Sunday and displayed steady progress all day.

Please persist all and that 210 Rifleman score will come your way.

Jon T who was on our line in Mora, MN last weekend came out (and brought Stephanie  O0) on Sunday and requalified with an impressive 216 with his Tec-sighted 10/22. Congratulations Jon.  :bow:

All were absorbed in the History and Heritage and all of us refocused on the fact that the gift of Liberty given to us by our Forefathers also carries a responsibility on our parts to fulfill our role as informed and engaged citizens.

Thank you to my fellow instructors Privateer, weaslewoods and OleSlewFoot.  :bow:

Thank you Deane for your support as you recover from your shoulder surgery. Looking forward to seeing you back on the line.

First batch of pictures attached...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Picture batch #2...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pictures...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

RustyRed

Look like you all had a great time!! :~ :~ thanks for a fun and a safe shoot ^:)^

martin

Looks like you guys and gals had a great event up there!!!! O0 O0 O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Great event! Well done to all involved! :bow: Congrats to the new rifleman! : O0  Great pictures!! ;)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

EricWI

Thanks for the kind words Taylor. I've got about 6 months to get my equipment issues sorted out, believe me I will be back for the April event assuming you continue at IRPC, otherwise I will have to organize an event closer to me.  ;)

The instructors and instructors-in-training were great, I learned a lot and hope to earn my rifleman patch next time around.

A big "Thank You" to everyone involved including IRPC, Taylor, the Instructors-In-Training, and last but not least the other participants.

Taylor

Quote from: EricWI on October 09, 2015, 03:20:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words Taylor. I've got about 6 months to get my equipment issues sorted out, believe me I will be back for the April event assuming you continue at IRPC, otherwise I will have to organize an event closer to me.  ;)

The instructors and instructors-in-training were great, I learned a lot and hope to earn my rifleman patch next time around.

A big "Thank You" to everyone involved including IRPC, Taylor, the Instructors-In-Training, and last but not least the other participants.

Welcome to the forum EricWI.

We will definately be at IRPC April 16-17, 2016 so keep practicing and see you there!

If you can organize an event down in your neighborhood too all the better.

Mike/Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison