News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO October 3-4 2015

Started by 209Ken, October 05, 2015, 10:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Great shoot in Wright City!

Shooters and Instructors, please post your pictures and comments from this weekend. I will sort through my pictures and get them posted in the next couple of days.

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Thanks to Bench Rest Rifle Club for letting us hold another Appleseed event at your facilities. You guys are the best!

Thank you for the instructors who came out and helped make this event a safe, fun shoot.  Thursday, your help is always appreciated, I almost feel funny being a Shoot Boss with you there since you have so much more experience and knowledge than I do. Chefmossy, you finally got to be the line boss for a day, you did fine, and I hope you make it out next month. Pballer2oo7, I could not have asked for a better Red Hat. You took what ever I threw at you with out even flinching and just nailed it. Oklahoma is lucky to have you and you are welcome in Missouri any time. M-Dawg and Suitcase, well, what can I say? There aren't too many teenagers who will give up an entire weekend as often as you two do.

We started off Saturday with 23 on the line. After spending the day learning marksmanship and hearing some heroic stories of our forefathers, we got in one AQT where Rusty re-qualified with an impressive 231!  O0

On Sunday, Alex jumped right out there with a rifleman score of 219.  ;)
Just before lunch Michael H. shot a 216!
Troy shot a 212 after scoring in the 200's all day - persistence!!
Thank you to all the shooters who came out. Some drove well over 100 miles to shoot with us. I want to give a special thanks to Dave, Kristi, Robert and Thomas for bringing lunch for the instructors. We all really appreciated it!

I will continue to tell the story of the weekend with pictures in the coming days.

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

And now the pictures...

Welcome to Appleseed

Counting up the first Redcoat

M-Dawg demonstrates NPOA with a laser pointer

Checking targets

Discussing talking targets

Prone position

Pballer2oo7 telling the first strike

Inches, minutes, clicks

Teaching seated position

and standing

Thursday telling the third strike

Rusty re-qualifies with a 231!

Alex shoots a rifleman score of 219!

Rifleman Michael H. with a score of 216!

With the pressure off, Alex brings out the M1 Carbine

Our Blue Hat Suitcase getting some trigger time

Family time

Troy scores a Rifleman score of 212!

Youth shooters

Whats more fun than shooting an AQT with an M1 Garand? Pretty much nothing!

thursday

Great shoot with my daughter and her new rifle
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad