News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volga, Iowa, 03-04 Oct 2015

Started by IXOYE, October 04, 2015, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had an absolutely fabulous Appleseed in Volga this weekend. First, the hosts went far and beyond the call of duty by graveling the road to the pasture where we held our event, they hauled in two animal feeding shelters and rented a 20x40 tent to provide shelter and block the wind. Then they provided pork loin sandwiches and all the trimmings for lunch on Saturday along with chilli, soup, and sandwiches on Sunday. They they put up all the instructors and fed them amazing meals for dinner and breakfast. Topping that off, they recruited several of their friends and neighbors to attend, which resulted in us having seventeen enthusiastic shooters.

The weather was very nice both days. Sunny with a little breeze on Saturday with the sun causing a little vision issues later in the afternoon when it was low on the horizon and in everyone's eyes. Sunday was cloudy but without much wind. The temperatures were nearly perfect.

While we didn't have anyone score rifleman, everyone showed fantastic improvement in their shooting skills. There were several shooters who had never shot a rifle before. I'm anxious to see all of them progress down the road towards rifleman. They were a joy to work with and I can't commend them enough.

Many thanks to the instructors from Minnesota (Kosciusko and Jason S) who came down to help. You were a blessing to me and all the participants.

I'll try to post pictures of our event on Tuesday.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Kosciusko

All things  considered, it was the nicest shoot I've ever worked.  I could not have waved a magic wand and conjured more gracious hosts, more generous support, and a more friendly, positive atmosphere.    Kudos to you.   I directed some of the inquiring shooters to you when they asked  about having events in their towns, so 2016 should be a busy year for Iowa Appleseed.

If you find yourself short-handed, just call.  We will saddle up, put on our border raider hats, and gather some trail dust.   

k

IXOYE

Here is the group picture taken Sunday afternoon.

I'll post more pictures later today
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Twineagles

Thanks for all the help MN! good looking group photo too.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

IXOYE

Here are more pictures from our weekend!

The left side of the line

Right side of the line

Gotta love the orange stock

Most everyone took to seated quite well

More fine seated form

And the fine form continues

Enjoyed the farm in the background

Those pallets made great target backers

LOAD those magazines

Our host shooting left eye dominant

Jason teaching off-hand form

Nice platform hand

Watching for trigger control

The flags flew pretty steady all day

Double down for stage four

Jason was a fantastic coach

The alternative to cross legged

Great kneeling form

All loaner rifles should be orange

No we are not surrenduring

We still won't surrender

Why hurry stage four?

Our gracious host

Posting new targets

Two targets per pallet worked well

Our only bolt action shooter

Lots of fun conversation on the line

More seated fun

Our typical cheek riser

Nice view of the target line and the countryside

A dad and his three boys

Happiness

Prep period

Firing line with tent and shelters

Ready to transition

Stage One

Ready for Stage One

Waiting for the FIRE command

Checking scores