News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine, WI Oct 3rd and 4th 2015

Started by Janir, October 04, 2015, 07:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Awesome weekend folks! the rain stayed away and the Marksmanship  improvement all around was astounding! Thank you ALL for coming out and making Racine's last event for the year  a blowout!

Just a quick summary of what we got:
9 NEW Riflemen
7 NEW Orange hats
1 NEW Blue Hat
2 NEW Red Hats
1 NEW Shoot Boss

Congrats to our Riflemen and Riflewomen!
Brian, Michael, Jason "Chief", Patrick, Michelle, Pete,  Alex, Myles and Eric!

And Thanks for Stepping Up to the Instructor and Admin Corp
Michael, Jason "Chief", Patrick Michelle, Jessica, Pete and Myles!

Also Congrats on KiwiMonster and Flying Ferret on becoming full Red Hat Instructors!

Young Marines! Thanks for coming out and working hard this weekend. You guys are great and we love having you guys here anytime you can make it!

And of course our newest Shoot Boss Green Hat Brightsparc who ran the weekend!

Great job to everyone! Thank you again!
Keep checking back for more pictures as other instructors get their pics up!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

DrRichP

This was a great weekend for me. We had 9 new Rifleman which is always great, but 2 were new Rifleman under 17, Myles and Michelle. Myles is one of Southeast Wisconsin Young Marines who we've worked with before. This was his 3rd Appleseed. We watched him go from having never shot a rifle before to Rifleman in just 3 Appleseeds. Oorah Young Marine!

Michelle came to us a good shooter thanks to her dad (Pete); however, there were things that we worked on with her with that helped and she too scored Rifleman being awarded the pretty purple Rifleman patch. I couldn't be happier for these two, or happier to add them to our ranks as Appleseed instructors-in-training future shoot bosses.

Active duty Chief Warrant Officer Mansfield also scored Rifleman this weekend and was awarded his Rifleman patch by son, and Young Marine, Matt. A very proud day for the family.

I also want to acknowledge another extraordinary Rifleman. My friend Eric. Eric has been to a number of Appleseed events and in that time we have become friends. Eric wanted to earn his Rifleman status with a stock rifle using surplus ammo. Eric used a stock Ruger 10/22 with stock leaf sights and ammo that, quite frankly, was not the best and scored a 230.

I cannot tell you how many times I tried to loan him one of my rifles with TechSights on it, but each time he stuck to his guns and refused telling me he wanted learn to shoot like his grandfather and those that came before him. They didn't use tech sights, so neither would he. I absolutely love and admire this quiet, humble man who held steadfast to his chosen course, learned what we had to teach, never gave up, and scored Rifleman (highest new Rifleman score of the day), using a stock Ruger 10/22 with stock leaf sights. He too agreed to help us moving forward as a new IIT and I am so proud to have him in the cadre, as well as to call him my friend. You really meet the best people at an Appleseed.

I'd also like to recognize Members of Marine Corps League (MCL) Detachment 1009 McHenry County Illinois, who came out and trained this weekend with the Young Marines. This is my second Appleseed with MCL 1009 members, and I couldn't be prouder to also consider these (dare I say) gentlemen among my friends. Their generosity was unparalleled. When they heard there were more Young Marines than we had loaner rifles for, they raised money from among their ranks to donate enough to the Young Marines to outfit them with a new Ruger 10/22. I continue to be humbled by their love, continued service, friendship, and generosity. We look forward to continuing to see MCL members at Appleseed and watch as you shoot rifleman scores like Marines.

Kudos to Leadlined who delivered an outstanding 2nd Strike, and robinhood1 who did a nice job with the 3rd Strike.

Lastly, I'd like to recognize the outstanding Instructor cadre (Scattershot_Sarah, Sis, Kiwimonster, Flying Ferret, robinhood1, Bullseye123, Leadlined, Speerspitze, Theokestral, endpoint, 2 clicks low, BrightSparc, and Janir) who came out and worked tirelessly to put on a safe, successful, and rewarding Appleseed. Congratulations to Kiwimonster and Flying Ferret who earned their red hats, and to BrightSparc who earned his green hat. Outstanding!!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Ironsight

I joined the Appleseed forum this morning to find out more about the organization and to offer my sincerest thanks to Project Appleseed and the instructors who contributed to this event in Racine this weekend.
This was my second Appleseed and my wife Megan's first, my goal was to shoot my first rifleman and to do so with iron sights, I'm extremely happy to say I accomplished that goal by shooting a 220, and then backing that up with a 215, and then a 233. I subsequently had the opportunity to shoot known-distance at 300m and in doing so it really lit the fire to pursue more skills in marksmanship training.

We are grateful to have had such good leadership for the event and I would not have had success without the continued guidance and support of the instructors. John (Brightsparc) is deserving of his new role as shoot-boss and did an exemplary job communicating the core values of Project Appleseed and running the show this weekend.

Brian Ingersoll
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

Laredo

Wow.  It sounds like a fantastic event.  Congrats to the new rifleman!  Congrats to our new red hats!!  Congrats to our new orange hats!!!

I cant wait to see pictures!!  (hint hint)  :)

A special shout out to Eric.  I have been to many events with him.  I also admire that he wanted to do it the hard way!  Congrats, Eric!!  Your perseverance paid off.  Fred always says; "A Rifleman persists."  In my mind, you were a rifleman before you even made score.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DrRichP

Okay Laredo, I got the hint. I cannot however take credit for these photos, they are courtesy of Cheryl. The proud mom of one outstanding Young Marine. Thank you Cheryl!

Out of uniform again

Looking good in uniform

Looking like proper Instructors

A busy line on a chilly Fall day

Young Marines on the line

Myles Makes it

One determined Marine

Active Duty Chief Warrant Officer Mansfield earns his Rifleman badge
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

martin

WOW!!! What an impressive event! Well done to all involved! :bow: O0
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Kiwimonster

What a great weekend! Thanks to my mentor Laredo, and all who gave so freely to help me move up to a red hat. It is an honor, and privilege to serve side by side with such wonderful men and women. As far as the weekend goes, I don't think I have seen the level of marksmanship, and improvement among the shooters, as I did last weekend. Here are some pic's I took.
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman

Trig

Miss you guys something FIERCE!  Looks like an amazing event!  great job team!  O0 O0 O0 
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

RTB

Looks like it was a great shoot. Congrats to all the new Riflemen and everyone that has decided to take on the awesome responsibility of continuing education through volunteering with us!
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016