News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, WA Oct 3 & 4 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, October 01, 2015, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Weather is looking fantastic for a weekend of heritage and marksmanship at the Custer Sportsmen's Club. Hope to see you out there.

Earl

How do I get such a great day? Leave at four in the dark, drive over two and a half hours, meet the Shoot Boss and the crew, all of whom I have worked with happily many Appleseeds before - one of them even allowed me to shoot his 1903A3 and planted the seed of envy... which blossomed so well.

I get to be parking lot greeter, get them moving in the proper direction, only one of the five has done an Appleseed before.

And so it begins, two Red coats, two scored Appleseed Qualification Tests, and all of the instruction and drills done. Wow! well done tomorrow will rock. Great group of shooters.

I told the First Strike of the Match, within the time limit! Yeah! and then wrapped the day up with the Third Strike of the Match.  After saying farewell and travel safely I drove back home, arriving in time to talk to my son and grandchildren on Skype.com.  Technology is wonderful.  Pictures were few but we were all about marksmanship and heritage.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kimber Custom

5 Patriots joined us on the line at the Custer Sportsmen's Club in Custer, WA a mere 64 miles South of Vancouver, BC. Instruction was given. History was told. A riflemen was forged.

David started out strong Saturday with a 207 but waited until Sunday afternoon to cross the 210 mark. Shot a 217 with some help from his neighbor on Stage 3 & 4. He backed it up with a 215 on the next AQT. Huzzah!

Jack shot back to back 80's on Saturday and then our young patriot buckled down and picked up an extra 100 points to start knocking on that rifleman door. He was our only cleared redcoat of the weekend.

Brothers Justin and Michael were a pleasure to work with. Michael shot his AR all weekend with a red dot. Just before our last AQT we threw up a sighter square just to make sure everyone was really dialed in - Michael put all 5 rounds in the black. Both brothers consistently shot sharpshooter scores. A little more dry practice and you will have that patch.

Ken's tube fed didn't make it through the first set of squares. A loaner came out and Ken progressed. Saturday night he gave it a good cleaning and brought it back out Sunday and shot a dime sized group. Unfortunately Appleseed was a little too hard on his vintage scope so the loaner came out again. Ken continued to shoot well but family obligates took him out before he got too many chances to earn his patch.

Thanks to Earl, Al and Ralph for helping with instruction.

Next WA events are Ariel Nov 7 & 8 and Port Townsend Nov 14 & 15. Hope to see you on the line.

You going to eat that whole banana split?!?

Silly question

kckil

Had a blast this weekend at my first Appleseed. Congrats to David on earning his patch, I think we all knew he'd make it on day 2  :)

Thanks to all the instructors who made the weekend a success - Ben, Ralph, Earl, and Al. Can't wait to head out again!

--Ken

duckduck-goose

Thanks to Ben, Earl, Al, and Ralph for a great weekend.  I learned a whole lot and had a blast, can't wait to be back on the line to knock out that redcoat and AQT in the next shoot!

Congrats to David again for his Rifleman patch - huzzah!

-justin