News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ankeny IA Sep 26-27

Started by Twineagles, September 30, 2015, 10:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We couldn't have asked for a better group of shooters. They were eager to learn and we were able to watch the shot groups shrink. We had a mix of experienced and beginner shooters. We even had a British national, Martin. He told us he was taught very little about the war too.

Great weather too, enough wind to make 80s comfortable. One new rifleman who also accepted an orange hat.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

I agree!  This was a very good group to work with.  Everyone came with great attitudes and showed great improvement over the course of the weekend.   I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see you all again in the near future!  And the facilities were exceptional.  Thanks Ankeny Ikes!  I'll attach a few photos I managed to take.

Ames

Pictured here are some photos of our first redcoat on Saturday and first squares.  Plus a photo of our new rifleman and orange hat.  Congrats Bruce!  Thanks for stepping up!

Phantom Bang

Thank You.. your advice helped me a lot in getting my hat and my orange hat... Look forward to seeing you at other events

Phantom Bang

I meant my patch and orange hat thank you very much!!

Chris.Schear

Congratulations, Bruce (Phantom Bang)!

We really enjoyed ourselves and apologize for having to cut out a little early on Sunday.  I want to thank Mike (Twineagles) and his crew for putting on another great event.
Rifleman 9 of 9 Qualifications:
2014 Scores - 228, 231, 237, 243, 243, 238, 232
2015 Scores - 241, 232