News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

mac66 Ruger 10/22 2nd edition sale

Started by stoneknives, September 30, 2015, 08:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

http://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-10-22r-22lr-collector-s-series.html#.Vg2mT8uFOkQ

2nd Edition Collectors 10/22       CDNN 239.99 and comes with a 25$ gift card for the Ruger Store
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Engineer shooting

Is the 2nd edition any better that the first?

The less than desirable peep sight is not adjustable enough to get a zero, I've tried.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

stoneknives

Dont know if Ruger fixed the peep, but plenty of  minor gunsmithing fixes online for it.

235$ is a pretty good price considering the threaded muzzle,  swivels installed, straight butt, adjustable stock comb/pull and nice long picatinny  scope rail.

Plus you get a 25$ gift card to boot.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

Roland

If someone could tell me how you're supposed to adjust these sights that would be awesome!
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

stoneknives

Here is the instructions for the factory sights and the link..... http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=46816.0;last_msg=325368

The sights adjust for both windage and elevation at the rear sight.  The front sight is a non-adjustable blade with protective ears which is installed in the dovetail at the muzzle, just like the standard 10/22 front sight.  The Ruger's rear sight works very much like the front sight on a metric pattern FN FAL.  The rear sight aperture is threaded, and adjusts for elevation by screwing it either in or out of the rear sight base.  Windage is adjusted via push screws on either side of the rear sight base, which also serve to lock the aperture securely in place when the desired sight setting is reached.  A 5/64" Allen wrench is required to adjust the sights, and is a must-have for anyone who owns one of these rifles.  To adjust elevation, use the Allen wrench loosen one of the push screws to take the pressure off the aperture, and then rotate the aperture either clockwise or counter-clockwise to lower or raise it, respectively.  One half rotation of the aperture moves it 2.5 MOA.  Note that the rear sight will be somewhat stiff the first time you adjust it, and may require using pliers, or sticking your Allen wrench or something of similar size through the aperture for leverage, in order to get it to rotate.  After the first adjustment, the rear sight should become loose enough that you should be able to turn it by hand once the side screw is loosened.  Once you have made the desired adjustment, tighten the same screw you earlier loosened until it is secure.

Here is how to replace the rear with Mini 14 tech sights....  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=43961.msg316558#msg316558

B.C.

That's a great deal! Thanks for posting. I'm gonna buy me one........
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Cable___Guy

The only differences I see between this one and the original design contest winner is the stock and Barrel.
The original came with High and low comb height stocks, and was a ss barrel.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur