News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob AR, V.E.T.S Shooting Range

Started by connibear, September 30, 2015, 10:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

A truly perfect weekend to be out on the range with a line full of Patriot minded people. We had several folks returning, and a few newbies. Everyone had a great time, and had teachable attitudes. Since most were returning seeders the day ran smoothly and safely. Our weekend was very profitable for the program as well. In the end we had several rifleman and a riflewoman. Congrats to Justin A., Julius Morgan, Jaiden Allgood(12), Romain Chauvet and Kylie Carrihy . There was so much going on that I may have left someone out, but I think we had a couple of requals also. The Arkansas program also profited by gaining three new orange hats and two new blue hats. Julius, Evan and Kylie took an OH and Jaiden and Chip Carrihy took a blue hat. Welcome to the Appleseed Instructor Crew.

There were great groups all weekend and after instruction groups got tighter still. To all the rest of the shooters, Keep at it, dry fire and practice NPOA. I hope to see you all again at another event.

Several shooters went over to the KD range under the watchful eyes of quinncannon and sticks. Steel was ringing all the way out to 400 yards. Great job guys.

While those guys were ringing steel, several guys wanted to shoot .22 at 100yrds. We could only manage 75yrds without complete teardown of our setup. We shot an actuaul distance target, figured come-ups. To make things more interesting they wanted the challange of hitting the Morgan Shingle at 75yrds. If my math is correct that would simulate 750yds. So a few of us shot the full redcoat at 75yds. Its a whole new world shooting that distance.Everyone did good, noone cleared the redcoat at that distance, however though, Doug (crossfire) did manage to get very close to the shingle. If we did .30cal it probably would classify as a hit.

Congrats to all of shooters on being great students and listeners and being safe.

Thankyou to the instructors, Sticks, res "Q" John, crossfire, Valkryie25 and Quinncannon, you guys and gal are a great group of instructors.

Thankyou also the the Mcarty brothers for letting us use their range. V.E.T.S shooting range is truly a great place to shoot.

See you all next time!!!!!   O0  :---
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

romainchu78

I was one of the student at that event and passed rifleman. I want to thank all the staff during that week end for all the very high quality training they offered. The transformation was obvious and very impressive. The taught history was also very interesting and reminded to all of us the need to stick to the values and principles that our fathers left behind them. It also remind to all of us why the United States of America is the # 1 country in the world! It is our responsibility to keep it as such. God bless America !
I really hope this program grows even faster all over the country.

sticksnstones

Wow what a great weekend weather wise, attendee wise and instructor wise. It was great to see several familiar faces of the attendees when they started showing up Saturday morning. I guess I was most excited by Kylie finally getting her patch, she and her dad Chip have been attendees at shoots multiple times since I first got an orange hat and they are a true blessing to have around. Not to take away from anyone else, because every single person was a pleasure to work with and all had teachable attitudes. Jaiden the youngest of the whole bunch (12) offered help and smiles all weekend long and with a wide open mind made the hurdle to Rifleman. Our one center fire shooter, Justin, shot lights out all weekend long. Romaine, started shooting a bolt gun and was getting great scores, but after changing to a semi auto got the coveted patch. Julius also shot a great score. Several requals only showed that several retained knowledge from prior Appleseeds and that they have worked on honing their skills. A few people got really close and didn't quite get there. Chris keeps chugging away and I was sure this would be his weekend, but he fell just short. I know he will return and next time should be his weekend. Everyone showed great and steady improvement throughout the whole weekend. Thanks to the two dads for letting the instructors do the coaching, as I believe that this helped their youngsters succeed.
Thanks to the 3 new Orange hats and 2 new Blue hats that have stepped up to help the program. We sure need the help in Arkansas and these 5 will be great
I dare say the best all around group yet
Thanks to Ben for traveling down to SB the weekend. Thanks to all of the great instructors that helped us make it such a successful weekend. Can't wait to see you all again. Thanks to VETS shooting center for hosting us. If I was just a bit closer I would get a membership and be there all of the time
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

A few pics :pics:
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

More  :pics:
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

More
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

More :pics:
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

:pics:
Pics
Thomas Paine