News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oregon WI Sept 26/27

Started by Chewie, September 30, 2015, 09:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

What can I say.... beautiful weather, very nice range, and a great bunch of shooters.

Thank you to the Great Lakes Firearms Range, it was a great weekend. Had 7 shooters with one reaching rifleman and the others all knocking on the door. There was great interaction between the instructors and the shooters, sharing history and skills with each other. We got 9 AQTs done over the weekend, the shooters were troopers. Looking forward to see each one again at a future AS with their friend they bring along.

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

J-eight

J-eight, reporting for duty!

I had a great time a learned a ton. I can't wait till my next Appleseed with some homework done I should be close to getting that Rifleman patch!  Also chewie I took apart and cleaned the gun.

Though I still need to figure out how to use those peep sights...

Thank you for a great time!

Sis

I really enjoyed this Oregon weekend Appleseed.  The shooters were amazing and not beginning shooters, so the weekend really became about Appleseed and its mission.  The Great Lakes Firearms Range and owners Tom and Barb were all a rare treat!  Thanks to them and others like them, Appleseed is alive and well in the hearts and minds of a whole new bunch of patriots! 

Congratulations to Dale, our new Rifleman.  Dale is a very experienced shooter and also a history buff and I think he really enjoyed his weekend!  In addition we also had a father/son duo and two sets of friends!  Family members and friends relating with each other and experiencing marksmanship and history is a win/win weekend and time well spent.

This weekend there were 3 wonderful Orange hats!  Such a great experience watching their enthusiasm!  And K-Love brought donuts!  Obviously he will be an amazing Red Hat.  And not just because of the donuts!

My next mission: to encourage Scattershot Sarah to post her pics!
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."
― Rudyard Kipling, The Collected Works

"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. "
― Michael Crichton

DrRichP

Congratulations to out Dale, our new Rifleman! Thanks to Great Lakes Firearms for hosting us, and to the great group of shooters who came out to make this event a success. Also thanks to our outstanding Instructor crew Scattershot_Sarah, Sis, Klove, LGLDLR, and shoot boss Chewie for all you do.

J-eight we look forward to seeing you on November 7-8 and seeing you earn your Rifleman patch.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

J-eight

Quote from: DrRichP on September 30, 2015, 12:04:01 PM

J-eight we look forward to seeing you on November 7-8 and seeing you earn your Rifleman patch.

I wish I could but that weekend doesn't work for me we will be out of town.  I might be showing off what I learned and teaching others because we will be doing some rifle sight ins.

LGLDLR

What a great group of fellow patriots to spend a weekend with. All the students came with a learnable attitude and made this a wonderful shoot. My journey of becoming an instructor began this summer and although this may be the last Appleseed I get to attend this year it was very helpful to have openminded students for me to continue to develop my skills as an instructor with.  I look forward to seeing you all again on the line in the future.

Practicing our new skills

Our new rifleman Dale

Chewie

Quote from: J-eight on September 30, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: DrRichP on September 30, 2015, 12:04:01 PM

I wish I could but that weekend doesn't work for me we will be out of town.  I might be showing off what I learned and teaching others because we will be doing some rifle sight ins.

Jared/Justin forever known as  J-eight thats cool man we will have plenty next year, looking forward to seeing you again and nice job on getting the rifle back together.

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Scattershot_Sarah

This was an awesome shoot on a beautiful little private range. Everyone seemed to get good instruction and it was great to see J-8 translate what he had learned on his .22 to his higher caliber rifle. Grady did a great job as an orange hat on his first IIT adventure. I thought having the first strike before any shooting was an inspired idea and it allowed for the first day to run more smoothly. Things stayed much more to schedule and we seemed to get more shooting and instruction on that first day, compared to some other AS's that I've been to. Someone also told a great rendition of the Hezekiah Wyman story...
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. -George Orwell.

There is a certain enthusiasm in Liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. - Alexander Hamilton

I must study politics and war, that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy - John Adams

Qualified as Rifleman November 8th, 2015, Oregon WI

10 Appleseeds as shooter 2014
12 As Blue hat, 3 as shooter 2015
2 IBC, 1 gun show, 1 AS as Blue hat 2016
Orange hat, 06/06/16 at Waterman, IL
5 AS as orange hat 2016
Red Hat, 10/08/16 at Eagle/McMiller WI