News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LaPorte, IN Sept 26 and 27th 2015

Started by Janir, September 29, 2015, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Hi everybody who came to the Michigan City Rifle Club event at La Porte, IN!
That was a great weekend! My first there and soon to me many other at that range.
And again many thanks to the club for hosting us and providing lunch both days to boot! Please tell your friends about Michigan City Rifle Club and Appleseed events there!

While everyone worked very hard this weekend participating in out American Heritage, A few shout outs to:
-Our youth shooters Landon, Christopher, and Elisabeth for their hard work this weekend, with a double for Elisabeth scoring Rifleman with a 217 (beating Dad's 215 score. ;) )
-Jordan for also making Rifleman with a 210. Jordan's lucky I decided to be nice and not spill some northbridge water. ;)
-and William for his score of a 221!

Thank you all again for coming out this last weekend. Sir Kay and some others have pictures they will post up in the next day from the event. You are welcome to copy them from this thread and save a copy.

-Patrick "Janir"
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Tigger

I think and hope everyone had a fun and enlightening time this weekend! We look forward to seeing you all again at another AS event. Practice what you learned, ask some questions and get some answers, and persist until you earn the rifleman patch.
Some pics to follow!!
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

Tigger

More pics
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

Graywolf

Once again, hats off to the Michigan City Rifle Club!  They have a fantastic range and they went out of their way to make us feel at home.  I am looking forward to returning again next year.

Congrats to all who scored rifleman this weekend.  Well done!  I am certain that had there not been some equipment issues there would have been a few more.  Hang in there gang!  A rifleman persists.  I hope to see you again soon at an Appleseed and watch you get that patch! 

Here is my contribution to the photos.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Sir Kay

It was a great weekend!  The weather was awesome the shooters were awesome!  And we has some great scores!
The Michigan City Rifle Club is great club! The people definitely make you feel welcome! 
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

Sir Kay

... more photos
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

Flanders

Thanks to all who came and instructed.  Thanks also to those who have posted pictures.  I am SO proud of my daughter - Elisabeth - for earning the Rifleman patch.