News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD - Anne Arundel Fish and Game: September 26-27, 2015

Started by southseasnurse, September 29, 2015, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southseasnurse

We had two days of beautiful shooting weather at Maryland's Appleseed anchor range: Not too hot, not too cold, just enough clouds to cool us off, and no bugs.  Saturday saw 7 shooters take the line, with FFJim, MikeCee, SonOfAVeteran training, teaching, and reinvigorating Americans to go forth and get involved.  The day finished with Matt, Ian, and Chuck all qualifying as Maryland's newest Riflemen.  Sunday saw 6 shooters returning, with FFJim, MikeCee, and southseasnurse running the show; with both Ian and Chuck proving that it was skill and not luck by requalifying.  Although only 3/7 shooters qualified, this was hands down the most skilled group I've ever seen: The largest group on the first square on sunday was ~6 MOA!  Special props to Ian, who consistently shot >210 on the 4 AQTs we fired on Sunday, and took the high score with a 242.  Even better, he did it with a bolt action, iron sighted Savage target rifle. Even those who did not qualify were shooting scores of >170, with three >200.  I hope everyone returns; I am confident that those who have not already done so will qualify given another opportunity. 

Many thanks to the students, instructor corps, and range for a great event!

Pictures after the jump....
https://www.facebook.com/264406060313831/photos/ms.c.eJw1zNkJwEAMA9GOgi0fWvXfWIjj~;XwMjCxxOk1dcsSj3xp7rosdKPL2JiRk2Joxvbg~_mO513d~;PyBf7FRbO.bps.a.904286372992460.1073741877.264406060313831/904286409659123/?type=3&theater
'Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas %&*#ing Edison.'-Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon