News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewistown PA KD/Instructors Only September 26th 2015

Started by StevenK, September 29, 2015, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

KD Instructors only event September 26th, 2015.  This is a fun event in which the instructors take the line on a 500 yard range. SgtRock was the instructor, and StevenK was the shoot boss for the event.

This shoot progressed according to plan.  Mother nature came by and provided some good wind (10-15 mph gusts) in the afternoon (during the 3 AQT phases) - at one point I thought the targets were going to tear off the backers at the 400 yard line, but everything held. Everyone had a great time adding windage to their sightings and getting the rounds on target.

TIMES: Range Opened, students arriving 6:00 am - 8:00 am
Event commenced - Start time 8:06 am (w/all shooters signed in)
Morning Briefing/Safety: 8:06 to 8:20
Classroom 8:20 to 9:25 (Instruction also continued through the day [both one-on-one and group.]
Sighters:
First Rounds downrange 9:33
(Lunch 12:12-12:45)
Zero Sighters concluded and all students on equipment line ready for first AQT by  1:40 pm
NOTE: 9 sighter groups - average return time from downrange 9 minutes. Average time between COF on sighters 15 minutes.
Instruction continued through the day.
FIRST AQT  - start 1:43 PM, complete 2:08   scoring completed 2:38
Break/Personal needs 2:39 to 2:44
SECOND AQT - 2:49 to 3:16 pm   Scoring completed by 3:45
THIRD AQT - 4:00 to 4:20 Scoring completed by 4:55
Police Range 5:00 to 6:00
Closing Comments and Benediction
Event ended 6:30

FINAL Round Count - 165 rounds (9 sighters, 3 AQTs)

Comments - this was a good safe cohesive group of highly motivated Appleseed Instructors who came ready and left content.

Special thanks to everyone who helped out on Friday to get the lines ready.   Photos courtesy of Navybowhunter- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CSVN3aExWWGVnaDA&usp=sharing

Eroyle

Thank you StevenK and Sgt. Rock for coordinating this event.  Much appreciate your efforts and everything you do for Project Appleseed.  Excellent event with good people.

Thanks again!

Eroyle
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

Orion59

This was one hell of a good time! Great instruction and the shoot logistics worked out near perfect. Thanks to Sgt. Rock and Steve for all the leg work getting this shoot in place and for providing us with an experience we will all remember for a long time. Look forward to meeting up again for another KD!
We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.

Theodore Roosevelt

ChestyPuller

THANKS to SGT ROCK and Steve K for all your hard work

I had a great time with some great people (except Chris) shooting stuff.  :---
let's do it again sooooon
First shot hit under time pressure is the goal of every rifleman.

sgtrock

Thanks for your nice comments.
I am just glad you had a good time and took away some tools to work with on your shooting careers.
It nice to meet new and familiar faces at these events and enjoy a range that is the jewel of the northeast.
I would like to thank The Mifflin County Sportsmans Association for letting us rent this range for our instructor development so we can forward this information onto our students.
I am sure that next year will be even better.
For the cost of the range membership, this the best 1000yd range I have been on, so its worth it to join if you can. Next year I plan to be there a day or two earlier to have some range time as well.

I would also like to Thank everyone for all the help with set up and tear down, that's a lot of gear that goes on that mountain.
And Thanks for the Great company at supper time, ain't nothing better than a good laugh after a long day.

Stoner

dart67eb

Dang.  There's a Sgt. Rock?  I gotta go shoot with him!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Red Coat Rival

Thank you again to SgtRock and StevenK for all your hard work to make this event happen. Your efforts have increased our rifleman knowledge and created lasting memories for us all. Looking forward to the next time we can all get together to burn some powder and send some lead down range.      Red Coat Rival

Double A Ron

This is a little late, but better late than never.  I had a great time at the KD shoot.  Many thanks to SGT Rock, and StevenK for putting this event on.  I learned a lot and I am really looking forward to another KD shoot.  Thanks again. 
Double A Ron

StevenK

"Sgt Rock and StevenK" ....."Sgt Rock and StevenK" ....."Sgt Rock and StevenK" ..... Always "Lewis and Clark.... Never Clark and Lewis.  Oh well -but you are welcome! next time I'll bring cookies and we'll see if it's recalled as Clark and Lewis............😉