News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FBG, TX September 2015

Started by drip drop, September 27, 2015, 09:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drip drop

We had a great shoot this weekend, with a great crowd.  There were lots of younger shooters and two new riflemen: Ray and Jay both scored 220.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the shoot, and there was good progress in the marksmanship.  We had return shooters, and also the most local shooters we've seen in some time.  Some of the younger ones fired centerfire rifles the whole weekend!  :--- :--- :---

Feel free to share your comments!

Two Wolves

Thanks Ray for a great weekend. Fredericksburg continues to be that shining beacon of hope in central Texas. Our Appleseed family is growing and you guys are doing a terrific job. It won't surprise me if we sell out our October shoot. In Liberty, Two Wolves    :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

A-lister

Another great Appleseed weekend. A fine turnout and great weather. I overheard a boy telling his dad 
"Thank you so much for bringing me dad this was really fun". That's what it is all about. I want to thank my mentors Ray, Mark, Don, Jeremy, Jerry and Roger for helping me through to IIT3.  ~~:)  Everybody keep up the good work! See you in October.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

El Tejano

'Orale!!! Y'all!!!  :cool2: This was the perfect way to start our fall season, great weather, great people.

The crew performed to standers, and all went well, and well done Ron, you will soon dawn the red hat.

Thank you parents for bringing the kids awesome, David your kids are real troopers, be proud!!! :~ :~ :~

Congrats to Ray and Jay our new Rifleman. I wonder, do you guys need a orange hat??? ;D     

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BBstacker

Hello All,

Trey and I had a great time at the range with everyone and we look forward to working on getting him his Rifleman patch in the future.  Thank you for putting on a great event.

Jay
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"  - President John F. Kennedy

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source."  - Sam Houston

There is only one purpose for naval aviation - ordnance on target. All else is secondary.  A naval aviator is only a courier service for the ordnanceman.