News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Melrose, FL Sept 25-26, 2015 Florida's first Ladyseed

Started by Trisha, September 27, 2015, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo granny

The top of this post says read 863 times!!!!!!! That says excitement!
This event is popular! ^:)^   ^:)^

Squeeeezer,....9mm4545 and I will be doing a Libertyseed in Mt Dora for a DAR group Sat. We hope to do our thing there before all their other meeting stuff...if that happens, we will head on over to the Bunnell shoot afterward...possibly arriving still in our 18th century clothes + musket. 😄  For sure we will both be there Sunday...
Bunnell has a lot of water right now, so rubber boots are a good idea for walk to target line,💩 but the Firing line will be covered & dry.😺
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Squeeeeezer

Quote from: rambo granny on October 05, 2015, 10:12:02 PM

Squeeeezer,....9mm4545 and I will be doing a Libertyseed in Mt Dora for a DAR group Sat.

Thank you Trisha for the vote of confidence.  I am considering the Myakka event the end of this month and my husband and I both will be going to the New Smyrna event in November.  Looking forward to shooting again for sure.

Rambo Granny, where in Mt. Dora and what time on Saturday?  Is it open to the public?

9mm4545

The Libertyseed is for the monthly meeting of the Daughters of the American Revolution at St. Edwards Episcopal Church in Mt. Dora at 10:30 a.m. If you were to "volunteer" to help carry in stuff, set up brochures and literature, and hang the banner, I think they would be quite understanding if you wanted to stay for the talk.

Doing a one day Appleseed works well for retiurning Appleseeders so you could join us in Bunnell on Sunday if you want to get in some practice and a chance at the coveted Rifleman patch. Last time I checked there was still plenty of room left.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sly223

So glad this was so successful Thanks to all who put a crazy Idea in motion and  making it a reality.
I hope to see an effect all across the state!
Squeezer please come to Myakka, We always have a great time!
We are developing a local team of all star instructors, who work well together.
We are going to do promotions and probably 100yrd steel!
..:..
Sly223
Again thanks ladies!
The women of New England wanted Independence 10 years prior to the Men. :cool2:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry

Fred just told me this AM, that in addition to traveling down from WI to run this event for us, Trisha has accepted a new "hat" - that of Ladyseed coordinator and she is asking SCs for all female instructor names so she can work on getting more Ladyseeds. Way to go Trisha! Huzaaaaah!   ^:)^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

Quote from: PHenry on October 09, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Fred just told me this AM, that in addition to traveling down from WI to run this event for us, Trisha has accepted a new "hat" - that of Ladyseed coordinator and she is asking SCs for all female instructor names so she can work on getting more Ladyseeds. Way to go Trisha! Huzaaaaah!   ^:)^

Huzzah!
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Squeeeeezer

Quote from: stoneknives on October 09, 2015, 03:25:04 PM

Huzzah!

That's awesome Trisha!!!!! Huzzah!!!

FabricatorsGal

Ladies,

I never did reply to this thread when it was started.  Back in May, Rambo Granny and Lucky Lori came up to help the Georgia crew instruct at the first Georgia Ladyseed.  I'm so glad that Gretchen, Red Niva, and myself could come down and return the favor.  The atmosphere at this all-female Ladyseed was much different than normal Appleseed events.  It was an honor to work with Trisha, all of the female instructors, and all of the participants.  And it was such a blessing to have all of the male volunteers who took such good care of us!  I'd love to come back down in the spring when y'all have your next one!  And I hope to see everyone again!

Trisha, it was an honor to learn about being a Shoot Boss under you.  You've started me on the road for the coveted Green Hat.  Good Lord's willing, I'll hopefully have by late winter or early spring.  I'm very excited, so thank you!  And congratulations on your new role!  I know you're going to do a fabulous job  :)

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)

minnesotarabit

Way to go Trish! You will make an awesome coordinator for Ladyseed!  COBG and I are already signed up for NSB - Rambo Granny and 9mm4545, any chance you are shoot bossing that one?  I am trying hard to fill the last 4 seats for you with women and their guys that I know who shoot.  Even though I was feeling like something the dog drug in at Melrose, I still am glowing and yes, I have been driving people nuts with my "pen practice".  Granny, I am going for my patch....and if I die trying well, what a way to go!

It is a joy to read this board and feel the family that came out of Melrose.

BTW, the kid at Parris Island wrote his dad and was really grateful for his training!

And oh, 9mm4545, thanks for the 10/22 with techs. Found out when I got home the scope was mounted backwards............yes you can laugh!

the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Squeeeeezer

I have signed up my husband for NSB and my sister and her husband will possibly be there.  I informed her yesterday there were only 4 spots left.  Hopefully she will pull the trigger today and join.

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Minutemom

Trisha, you rock!  Thank you so much for taking on this responsibility!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

minnesotarabit

Have signed up a girlfriend to come to LadySeed with me, and have a couple headed for April Appleseed at NSB.  Hoo-Rah! Baby boy just graduated from Parris Island two weeks ago and home, we are SO proud of him. He qualified at 215.  Hope everyone has a beautiful holiday season.
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787