News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Market, AL September 19-20, 2015

Started by EddieB, September 22, 2015, 10:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Eleven great Americans chose to spend their weekend learning marksmanship and the amazing story of April 19, 1775 at the Madison County Shooting Sports Association range.  All but one of the shooters were attending their first Appleseed.

We had a good mix throughout the day of instruction, practice, coaching, and history.  Everyone had a positive attitude and were eager to learn.  As each drill was completed, the improvement was clearly seen at the target line.  Several shooters were knocking at the door on the AQTs.  Persist, and that rifleman patch will be yours!

Speaking of riflemen, Nick shot a 220 with a bolt-action .22!  Then, on Sunday afternoon he took a Blue Hat.  Huzzah!  He is certainly a man who knows very well what he is about. 

For something a bit different we placed clay pigeons on the berm 50 yards away and got some practice doing the Rifleman's Dance.

It was a very successful Appleseed.  On behalf of the instructors, I want to thank all of you for spending your time with us.  It was an honor to serve you.  Be sure to tell your friends and family about your Appleseed weekend and how our Founding Generation preserved Liberty for us.  We want to see you (and your friends and family) at another Appleseed soon!

I appreciate the work the instructors did this weekend.  You all certainly made my job a lot easier.

Lastly, a big thanks to the Madison County Shooting Sports Association range for graciously hosting this event.

Please feel free to post your own comments and photos.

Rusty discusses Eye Dominance

Six Steps of Firing the Shot

History!

During the AQT Grind

Nick the Rifleman

Here's a link to all my photos:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/New%20Market%20AL%20September%2019%202015

Kennebago

Of course I went for a blue hat! That's how impressed I was with the course material, and with everyone I met - instructors and shooters alike.

I look pretty serious in that last picture (maybe it was the beating I took all day on Stage 2), but I had an absolute blast and I can't wait to get back out on the line.

Thank you guys again for holding the event. I'd been waiting for years to shoot one, and it was worth every second.
Wodan bood Mimir zijn oog
doch zou hij beter zien

Mixed Metaphor

We had a great time!!  The Monday after the range my wife and I were driving along and she said, "I want to go to another Appleseed range, after we get our new rifles."  Both of us are left eye dominate and feel that left handed rifles will add to the experience.  The only model we found in .22 semi-automatic, that is truly left handed, is the Savage Model 64.  I spoke with a co-worker who is very knowledgeable (Google was away) and he spoke favorably about the Savage.  Our Model 64 FL XPs are ordered.  We will likely replace the throw away scopes. 

Many thanks to all of the instructors!!  They all bent over backwards to help this "adaptive shooter".  I will start working on the sitting and kneeling positions.  Hopefully, this will help with my physical issues.   

God bless!!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama