News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LeRoy, IL - September 19-20, 2015

Started by Tornado, September 22, 2015, 10:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado

Even threatening weather Saturday morning couldn't keep good Americans away from a great weekend of Heritage and Marksmanship at the LeRoy Rifle and Pistol Club! This excellent range, board & members are good supporters. We really appreciate their willingness to host events. The range contact, Catherine, is a true friend of Appleseed and now an Orange Hat!

Over the weekend, we heard some excellent history and witnessed real improvement of skills, including Maria who went from being fairly new to shooting, to scoring a 213 and earning her Rifleman patch. Catherine also received her Rifleman patch scoring a 227. There were also 8 re-qualification scores shot over the weekend with several shooters knocking at the door. Well done to all the shooters on improving so much.

I also felt a real sense of camaraderie with the shooters & instructors at this event. It was a fun and safe weekend and all the instructors and shooters are to be congratulated for their efforts.

Looking forward to seeing many of you again at upcoming events in the near future.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Purple Lotus

I want to thank all the staff from Appleseed you always come prepared and have the best attitudes around. It was a great weekend for everyone. Even with this being my 6th time I always hear new history and learn new skills and that is why I chose to become an orange hat. To help keep such a wonderful program going, so future generations will still have their freedom and liberties. Thanks to Shooter 30-06, Mike. And June Arbuckle and Tornado. Without you I wouldn't of been able to stay the course and shoot 227. Will be posting pictures tomorrow or sorry later today.
catrin1967
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. John Adams

Laredo

Sounds like a great shoot.

Congratulations Catrin67. Thank you for stepping up and taking an orange hat!!!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DrRichP

Thanks to our team for running a safe and fun event. Congratulations to Catrin67. Now fun real fun begins!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Laredo

Great job team!!  I received this letter:

"Good morning,
I just wanted to tell you how much our family enjoyed the Appleseed event last weekend.
Master Miller, as well as the other line bosses did a wonderful job maintaining safety on the line. June was so helpful, and treated my kids as her own as she gently and charitably shared her expertise.
As first, I thought the history lessons were a little cheesy, and a necessary evil of the weekend, but I quickly came to love them.
I am placing a few orders through Amazon for the Fischer books, as well as buy a few loop slings through the Appleseed website after my next pay period. We're already looking online to purchase 2- 10/22's for my son Joe and daughter Maria. This will be their first set of arms, as Maria was incredibly excited to score 213 on her 1st attempt on the AQT.
I have been promoting the Appleseed Project among my friends, and hope to plan an event in 2016, as I hope to bring some
Father and Son teams down to LeRoy in 2016.
One particular issue I have, is there doesn't appear to be an active CMP affiliate gun club in the suburban Chicago area. I would like to keep the momentum going and join a club and hopefully purchase through the CMP in the near future.
Respectfully submitted,
Bill"
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen