News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY - September 19-20, 2015

Started by dond, September 22, 2015, 12:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Pleasant weather made for an excellent and comfortable shooting experience for 19 shooters. And the shooter's attitudes were also excellent. They were safe. They enjoyed shooting and learning more about shooting. In fact, their groups on the very first square were exceptional. And they enjoyed the history. Guntuckian did an excellent job of making the history come alive for them.  O0 

The two youth shooters, ages 13 and 14 shot exceedingly well. The father of one shot a 236 for re-qualification. There was also a 204; breathtakingly close. Next time!  O0

The instructors all did a fine job and I'm pleased to note that WmLyons and Guntuckian passed their PCs for IIT1 and Full Instructor respectively.  O0

Several pictures were made I expect them to be forthcoming soon.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

BluegrassColonel

It was a wonderful weekend!  It is is always a pleasure to serve as an instructor for DonD and Sarah.  Living Hand and I seem to be traveling compadres when serving at an event outside Nashville.  It was great to meet WmLyons and Guntuckian.

The shooters had wonderful attitudes and I was especially impressed with a shooter who, having had some challenges on Saturday, came back on Sunday and reflected the perseverance and - as she said - "grit" of a Rifleman.  She persevered and enjoyed herself - especially in the standing position.  I was very impressed and proud to witness her strong character.

Of course, I was especially happy and proud that my niece Kathleen and her boyfriend (my "nephew"  ;D), Brandon attended.  They both did extremely well and I think they will be back to secure their Rifleman patches.

Liberty!
Greg Seneff, Sr.
Bluegrass Colonel
Instructor and SBit1
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

6.8RJFLYER

My son Nicholas and I very much enjoyed the weekend.  Excellent instruction and even better history.  Though I have been to a few Appleseeds, I always learn something new on how to better my shooting skills and hone good fundamentals.  It was clear there was some very experienced instructors on this shoot. 

It was a joy to witness my son (first appleseed) to get into his groove and start drilling bullseye after bullseye; boy did his face really light up! He had some ups, had some downs due to the frustration of shooting AQT's, but, he kept persevering. In fact on Monday when he returned home from school, he said if had just hit a few more in the standing phase, he would have gotten that patch! He wants to practice! As it was, he still scored a 204. He now has the fever and wants to try it again.  It was a great father son weekend!

None of this could have happened had it not been for the dedicated cadre of appleseed volunteers who make these memories happen.  So, thanks to all of you for a professional job that was well done.

BLSmith

Kathleen and I had a fantastic weekend with Appleseed.  The instructors, and Don, shared a wealth of knowledge and history that enriched the experience.  As beginners, our marksmanship improved notably through the event.

It was wonderful to spend time with good, solid, and kind folks!

A big thanks to Bluegrass Colonel, Greg, for his guidance and instruction.  Looking forward to the next one.

Brandon Smith
Rookie

Guntuckian

It was a great weekend!  Here are some photos!

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

DrRichP

This looks like it was a great event. My eternal thanks as always to DonD and Sarah for not only this event, but for too many things than I could list. Love you both!

I'd also like to congratulate WmLyons and Guntuckian. Outstanding gentlemen!  O0 Now get back to work.

Thanks go to Knob Creek Gun Range for hosting our event and to all the shooters who came out and made this event worthwhile. Thank you all! We look forward to seeing you back at another Appleseed and to seeing each of you earn your Rifleman patches.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy