News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saratoga, NY September 19-20

Started by Grumpy1, September 21, 2015, 06:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

This was a GREAT Event!

This was the Anniversary of the First Battle of Saratoga(September 19, 1777), and no better way to spend it than with a terrific group of American Patriots.

Fantastic Weather welcomed 27 students on Saturday, we had a good mix of both new and veteran Appleseeders. History and Marksmanship, were taught and the students remained attentive and engaged.

Saturday, also brought a visit from R1SGx2,   O0 Mark stopped by and did some discussion of the Battles of Saratoga, and how important these battles were to the out come of The American Revolutionary War.

Students were then treated to the Traditional cannon demonstration, sending two tennis balls (way) downrange.

HistoryBuff did a Great presentation of the Second Strike O0

Then it was back to the line for Marksmanship...

By late afternoon we got to our first "timed" Practice AQT, and we got our First New Rifleman.

Kyla, scored a 213 O0, and then followed it up with another 213 :---

Joe , a New Rifleman with a 211 :---

Bobby, another New Rifleman with a 239 :---

Dan, requalified with a 222 :---

Casey, requalified with a 233 :---

We had two Young Patriots Casey and Jason O0

We finished up the day a benediction and some impressive Red Coat totals.

Sunday brought us Great weather again.

We started the morning with the Third Strike and answering the Four Questions, and then it was time to get down to business.

After a brief safety meeting we warmed up the barrels with sighters and started th AQT grind.

We ran a mix of Stage by Stage , and Rapid Fire Aqts, and buy lunch time, I was wondering if I would have enough patches.

After lunch We gave the students the opportunity to go to the 100-200 yard KD and many took advantage of that.  Students were givin time to make calculations do their come ups and get DOPE on their rifles.

Sunday brought us even more New. Rifleman.

Natasha with 212, 223, and 233,   :---

Hans with a 218  :---

And some more Repeats

Bobby, with another 239 :~

Joe, with 227, 230  :~

Sherry, with 229, 237 :~

Kyla, with 210, 230 :~

Lee with 215 :~

Rick, with 215 :~

Rob, with 214  :~

Gunny with 241 :~( I heard that that was the last patch needed to complete the Quilt....)

Great Job Everyone.

Back by popular demand... The Cheez-it drill

Tom took First Place (and only wounded one of my tacks), followed up by Sherry, and Lee.

We finished the Day with some very Impressive Red Coat Scores O0

Saratoga didnt only produce Riflemen, this weekend, it also produced a New Instructor, Lee (Glock40) join the Instructor Corps this weekend O0.

Thank You, for Stepping Up.

This event brought students from as far away as Vermont, and a couple hours away in New York. It was Awesome to have such a Great Turn Out! O0

I want to finish up by sending  out a Big Thank You to my Instuctors, who made this event possible, Norotoga, Gregch44, Sureshot, HistoryBuff,longrange, drifter52, DonC., Keith1, and sharebare.

And a Special Thank You to the Saratoga Crew for set up O0

I would also like to thank the members of Saraspa, for  the use of their Great Facility.

Last but not least, I like to thank all our students, for being attentive and dilligint and getting alot of work done in a short period of time O0. Everyone pitched in to make this a Safe and Fun Event... Tell your Friends, and See You Soon!
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

Some Pictures

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

VietVet

Sounds like a TERRIFIC Appleseed Event!  O0

Glad everything went well.

Congrats and thanks to ALL involved in this one.

NEW YORK STRONG!!!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

zero-MOA

Pardon the shameless self-promotion but I wanted to share this photo of me receiving my 1st, legit, no .30-cal charity, Rifleman patch from Grumpy1 for my 230.

Thanks to Jon for running a great shoot as always and to Greg and Dan for not pulling me off the line for being a numb-skull Sunday  #)

This was my 2nd Seed at SaraSpa and I managed to recruit three friends to join me this time. They were skeptical at first but later they all thanked me for introducing them to Appleseed. They learned a lot, had fun, and also complimented the shoot team, "They're good people."

I will continue to promote Appleseed at my club, friends, and to the local gun stores.

Thanks to everyone throughout the organization for their sacrifice of personal time and for making a personal commitment to the cause.

Sincerely,
zero-MOA
(Joe K)

Josey Wales

..Great Job Grumpy1 and crew!!..
..Strength & Honor, Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Dude

Sounds great! Congrats to all involved!
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Boru

Thank you Grumpy1 and Instructors for a memorable weekend.
The weekend whissed by with instruction, local History O0, engaging targets at 25m and KD Ranges. :--- and the Cannon.
See you all again soon.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

historybuff

A big thank you to everyone!!! As always it was a great event!  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Thank you Grumpy 1 for stepping up as Shoot Boss.
And thank you Don for sharing your garand.  :--- 
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Grumpy1

Pictures

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

historybuff

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont