News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Watervliet, MI September 19-20, 2015

Started by Rascal21, September 17, 2015, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

What a great weekend! I came home absolutely exhausted, but it was well worth it to spend the weekend with some amazing people.

I have the FB page updated with the pics that I managed to grab throughout the weekend, I know RugerRat has a bunch more, including our other rifleman getting baptized. Once she posts them up or emails them to me I will get those up there as well.

Link to pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.748676475242524.1073741880.240556109387899&type=3

Thanks all, hope to see you soon!
Rascal (Stacy)

Oz

It was indeed a great weekend!  I enjoyed working with each of you. 

Congratulations to John on scoring Rifleman with a glorious score of 210 (and a refreshing shower of icy North Bridge water)!  You've shown great persistence at each event and I'm thrilled you've finally achieved that goal.  Now remember, it's a start, not a finish!   O0  And thank you for bringing your brother.  Daniel, you're a fine young man and I'm glad to have met you.  You did a great job and I hope and expect we will see you again!

RJ and Jake, it is wonderful to see friends come together to an Appleseed.  I was so happy to see you leaving, saying you'll be back at the next event in the spring.  I can't wait to see you there.  Remember to practice at home, and I'll be interested to hear if you find this helps you with 4-H!

Leon and Lauren--from one father-daughter team to another, you were great!  Leon, congratulations on scoring Rifleman again...three times!  Lauren, you were amazing for your first-time-ever on a rifle.  Your score is one most experienced shooters don't achieve at their first Appleseed, that you did it your first time with a rifle is incredible.  I'll be posting a picture of your first sheet of squares (once I wrestle it off my phone).  Come back!  (And tell Paul his sacrifice was appreciated, and we'll see him next time.)

Andrew, this was one of your best scores ever, wasn't it?  Keep practicing with Tom and you will keep making progress!  Denise--as always, you rock.  Make sure Tom has time to practice with Andrew!   @)

Reese, I am glad you were able to make it out on Saturday and I hope you come out again for the whole weekend!

The Watervliet Rod & Gun Club was again a great host facility.  The work on the rifle range really helped us shoot at 25-50-75-100 yards to see how our rifles behave at distance!

Thanks to my awesome instructor crew, who made everything look easy.  Thank you (in alphabetical order), beeker, merlin33, Nehemiah, Rascal21, Sir Kay, snoopy556, SteelThunder, Tigger, and Zazzles! 

Only a few weeks til the next event in Niles, and Bend of the River.  See you there?

I know there are more photos (including mine)--let's see them!   :pop:

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Merlin33

Thanks for a great weekend everyone! Congrats to our new and repeat riflemen. Welcome to the club John, I also scored my Rifleman with a 210. Too bad i was watching the line and couldn't participate. Hope to see all of you at shoots in the future. LaPorte next weekend and Niles in October.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true...  ~USMC Rifle Creed

"Happiness is a warm gun..."   ~The Beatles

Sir Kay

Great weekend! Weather was awesome! and so were the shooters! 
�It is better to know something about everything then everything about something�
― Blaise Pascal

tomahawk

The weather ended up being much better than predicted. Oz, sometime you will have to list the instructors in reverse alphabetical order so that Zazzles will not always be listed last.

ruger rat

What a fun weekend!  I too was exhausted (still am).  Came out with a new helpful tip from Oz. Thanks!

OK....so I am sending the pics to Rascal21 so they can be posted on Facebook.  I want you to notice that a couple of our head honchos have a thing for liking to get their picture taken. 

Confession time....I didn't get the camera back to the right place to get an actual picture of John's baptism in the waters of the North Bridge.  So sorry!!!  Do you think he would agree to a re-play for the books??  I am very proud of you, John as I am of all the kids.  Seeing improvement not only in your rifle skills, but also in your confidence, is really cool! 

Thanks to all of the Appleseed Staff for volunteering your time to teach the rest of us.  YOU are the ones that rock!

Lauren - I was so nice to see you again after all these years.  I have a feeling we'll see you again!  Call me - let's do cake balls!

ruger rat

I have tons of pictures, but am having troubles posting them.  Stay tuned, I'll work on them tonight after work.

DrRichP

Seems like this was a great event, but with our Michigan Instructor Crew at a great venue like the Watervliet Rod & Gun Club, what else would we expect. O0

Congratulations to John, and we hope to see you all back to another Appleseed very soon!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

ruger rat

Ok.  Here's a few.........Sorry, you'll have to open each attachment separately.

ruger rat

Here's the rest of my pics.

snoopy556

As always I had a very awesome weekend with all of you. It was a privilege to work, shoot, and learn from all of you. :)

SuedePflow

Quote from: Oz on September 21, 2015, 06:47:49 PM
And tell Paul his sacrifice was appreciated, and we'll see him next time.
It wasn't easy, but I'm glad Lauren had fun.  :)  I'll see you guys in Niles!
-Paul
NRA Life Member