News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rickreall, OR, September 12/13, 2015 AAR

Started by Prescott, September 14, 2015, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

Eighteen patriots we able to join us at the Stebbin's Farm for the inaugural event.   We had a perfect weekend for the instruction of rifle marksman skills and to rekindle the hearts and minds of Americans to the sacrifices of our Founding Fathers.

It was truly a pleasure to get to spend the weekend with all the participants.   You all were a great group of Americans and it was my privilege to be able to spend the weekend with you.   The students really absorbed the marksmanship instruction techniques over the weekend and everyone made great strides in their marksmanship skills.   

Congratulation to the two new Rifleman from this weekend.  I knew I was going to be handing out a few patches this weekend from looking at the size of the shot group decrease as we ran through the sighter squares on Saturday.   The heat on Saturday did cause the fading of some skills, but everyone showed up renewed energy on Sunday.   Luckily, it was much cooler on Sunday and everyone's scores climbed throughout the day.

There were another 4-5 participants that were very close to earning their rifleman's patch.   Remember to dry practice at home, use the information on the handouts to reinforce the techniques you learned this weekend.   By spending some time at home practicing the SHF for each position and focusing on trigger control, I am confident that each of you will shoot a rifleman's score at the next event you attend.

I will get some photos posted later this afternoon, once I get some project finished today.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Iwanaplae2

Today is filled with shoulda, coulda, woulda, and if only's... What should I have done differently? What could I have done differently? What would I have done differently if only I had... And what will I do differently next time? Yes I know I'm obsessing...and I'm ok with that. I above all others, I am hardest on myself. Reflection is good when we learn from our mistakes. I am not wallowing in defeat. I made huge strides in improvement over the 1st day. And yes I am proud of that. But I did not meet my goal. And yes that frustrates me. I made a lot of excuses on Saturday. And by Sunday when I heard other people making excuses for me, it suddenly hit me...I and I alone, am responsible for my own results. The instruction and training were impeccable. It was up to me to utilize it...that is where I failed. Don't get me wrong. I'm not focusing on the failure so much as focusing on NOT failing again!
Isn't that true in all aspects of life? When the instruction and  training is there, it is up to us to us utilize it. When we don't, we fail...
Thanks again for all your patience and training. I can't wait til I can attend another event
For the love of God and Country

h8thereds

Thank you for everyone who contributed to this event in Rickreall, OR. It was nice to refresh my skills. But what is even better - I learn something new every time. My son had big improvement - last year his best score was 165, this time his best score was 201. He enjoyed last 2 days enormously. We hope my son will shot better then 210 next year.
Keep your tools ready, Oleg.