News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Summerville, GA (Chattooga County Wildlife Club) on Sept 12-13 - with pics

Started by Roswell, September 14, 2015, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roswell

Saturday morning at Chattooga County Wildlife Club in Summerville, Georgia could not have had a more glorious start. The club was extremely kind to us and I want to begin by thanking them for everything. We had 13 gallant students join us on this beautiful morning.

We gathered up for introductions and the safety briefing.  After that, it was back to the line and time to deal with a host of Redcoats. The tally showed we had a lot of work ahead of us, but the students were eager to do so. We plunged in with Sling Use and the Prone position as instructed by DrJohn and modeled by General Stuart.

We set a quick pace alternating courses of fire and courses of instruction.  When noon rolled around everyone was eager for some lunch and shade. We gathered underneath the canopies graciously provided to us by the club. We were all treated to the First Strike by DrJohn, followed by the Second Strike as told by General Stuart (pictured below).

Then it was back the Firing Line! We were right back at it, alternating instruction and courses of fire. By mid-afternoon it was time for a break. We gathered in the shade again to soak up some hydration and the Third Strike as beautifully told by Jambo. Then we were right back at it. We managed to squeeze in two AQTs and although we did not see any Riflemen, the group sizes and the final Redcoat targets showed that everyone had come a long way.
I was very pleased to be able to present 3 well-earned Luther Blanchard patched to young Patriots Victoria, Ryan and Bobby (Pictured Below).  O0

We closed things out with the story of Timothy Murphy, The Second Battle of Saratoga and how one man (or woman) can make a difference. Tired, but inspired we broke for the day.
Sunday, again dawned with beautiful weather and a great group of Patriots eager to go. After the safety briefing, we shot some Redcoat targets and began review. Again, we were off to a rapid pace alternating courses of fire and those of instruction. When lunch time rolled around, we again retired to the shade and listened to some amazing stories about Dangerous Old Men, Brave Women and Gallant Children. (General Stuart pictured below relating the tale of Mother Batherick and the ammo wagons).

We went back to the line and cranked out many AQTs. We had several students whom decided to concentrate instead upon various things they felt they needed to work on and were definitely encouraged to do so and thus chose to shoot squares or Redcoat targets. We had another mid-afternoon break and learned about Known Distance and taking what works at 25 meters out to 500 meters from DrJohn. We returned to the line for some Ball and Dummy followed by another AQT and a Redcoat.
After tallying scores, a Rifleman emerged among us. Huzzah to Andrew T. who scored 213! AND with a bolt action!  :bow: Well done sir!

I know that each of you that attended this weekend has what it takes to become a Rifleman and many of you were knocking on the door all weekend. I encourage you to persist and dry fire at home. Remember, perfect practice makes perfect! I hope to see you all again down the trail.

All are encouraged to please share their thoughts and pictures if you took any.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

General Stuart

Thanks to our impeccable Shoot Boss, we had a safe and fun shoot. I hope to see each of you fine shooters on the line in the future. 
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

Roswell

Quote from: General Stuart on September 15, 2015, 09:08:24 AM
Thanks to our impeccable Shoot Boss, we had a safe and fun shoot. I hope to see each of you fine shooters on the line in the future.

Thank you sir. All credit goes to you, the other instructors, all our fine students and the fabulous club. Thank you all!  O0
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

famdoc2892

Many thanks to our intrepid group of instructors for the weekend!  The Chattooga County Wildlife Club is always excited to host an Appleseed event, and this year's event was one of the best!  Perfect Fall weather, dedicated shooters and a passionate group of Appleseed instructors inspired us to appreciate our heritage and take part in passing along the legacy of our Founding Fathers.  The majority of our participants improved their personal best AQT scores and several new shooters gained a solid foundation of sound fundamentals.

On behalf of the Club, we look forward to hosting RWVA again, and have a goal of increasing our Appleseed events in the next year.  For Liberty!