News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shooting resort closer to reality

Started by Engineer shooting, September 07, 2015, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Fred

Is there more info about this?

Any personal contact with the promoter?

Just askin... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

DrRichP

We used to run Appleseed's there at Rocky Creek Ranch. That's where I attended my first and second Appleseed's. Sly223, ItsAnSKS, and myself all know Chris reasonably well.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Morpheus76

The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

ItsanSKS

Chris Baden is both a friend of mine, and a friend to Appleseed.  When Chris first started looking at making this dream a reality, he invited Appleseed to utilize his property for known distance events, and even hosted Florida's first RBC.  This legal battle has been a significant drain on his family and resources, but he is now positioned to turn Rocky Creek Ranch into a world class shooting destination- he just needs investors.

The last time I was at Rocky Creek, it featured two 1,000 yard bays, capable of accommodating 6-7 people each; on top of two 300 yard bays and a pistol pit, all situated on 1500 acres of beautiful Florida wilderness.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

airplanejoe

I second ItsanSKS post. He did omit to mention the great camping facilities and outdoor pavilion on campus. This skirmish has been going on now for years. Probably big bucks in attorney's fees. He really believes in his dream for the property so he keeps going full bore ("damn the torpedoes"). I recently saw an add from a realtor listing "luxury properties" for sale. Rocky Creek Ranch is listed for about $6,500,00. I don't know if this is part of the fund raising. I'm rooting for Chris, I can't say I know him well enough to call him a friend, but I know him well enough to say he is the real deal.
aj

Fred

So, how can we figure a way to help him out and make things a bit easier for him?

Can someone contact him and ask how we can help, at least?

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

airplanejoe

Regarding Chris whereabouts, I don't have a phone number, but the two e-mail addresses I have are:

chris@rockycreekranch.org
chris@myakkaresearchgroup.com

I've sent messages to both of them, I don't know if they are still valid. Should get a response, one way or another later during the day.

If anyone knows additional info, pls post it.

aj

DrRichP

I have Chris' personal contact information. I have sent him an e-mail and copied Fred.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

airplanejoe

I received an e-mail reply from Chris. It's very thorough. He would like to chat on the phone prior to me forwarding said reply up channels (Fred). I can only say that since I'm not a business major, I don't have the technical skills to make sense from it, so I'll refrain from spreading inaccurate information.

Great property, great potential as an Appleseed shooting meca!!

aj

airplanejoe

Update; Chris reply has been sent to Fred via PM last Friday. Very detailed, but like I said in a previous post, I don't have the business background to really understand it. I don't know if Fred received it/has seen it.
AJ