News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester Tennessee (Arnold AFB Rifle Range) 5-6, 2015 Appleseed

Started by tncolonel, September 05, 2015, 11:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tncolonel

Saturday Sept. 5, 2015 - Finished the first day just as an intense rain storm came over the range.  Fifteen shooters and nine instructors. All the shooters have great attitudes and several are showing serious Rifleman skills.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Doc_SGM

Absolutely great event put on by professionals who take their role and our history very serious!

Thanks again for a great weekend! Without the teamwork of your crew I could never have qualified Rifleman and Long Distance back to back!

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: Doc_SGM on September 08, 2015, 01:01:55 PM
Absolutely great event put on by professionals who take their role and our history very serious!

Thanks again for a great weekend! Without the teamwork of your crew I could never have qualified Rifleman and Long Distance back to back!

Two events back-to-back... and qualified Rifleman!?!  HUZZAH!!!

You left wearing an Orange Hat, right?   ~~:)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Doc_SGM

I was smiling the entire time Rusty, TNColonel mentioned it, I'm sure he will give it to me at the next event!

I was talking about the event to all my coworkers about it, I mustve gave out 20 flyers.

Maximum Ordinate

Good on ya.

Don't wait and try to become the perfect shooter.  Start teaching... and your shooting will improve like crazy.

We have an Instructor Boot Camp (a gentleman's course) coming up in Pelham, TN in February.  A great opportunity to master teaching your craft.

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TNEagle

Rusty, Doc_SGM qualified as a rifleman on his first AQT with a solid 231 using a borrowed rifle!

He knows what he is about!
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

dond

Doesn't the AS and the KD count as two events? Why wait for the Orange Hat?
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Living Hand

Quote from: Doc_SGM on September 08, 2015, 01:01:55 PM

KD too?  Huzzah!!  The IBC isn't until February.  You can start as an Orange Hat well before then :)
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

Living Hand

Congratulations to our two rifleman and to all those shooters who came away from this event well-improved - And by that, I mean all of you :)

The other instructors and I were awed by your fantastic attitudes and look forward to working with you again in the future.  Help us now by spreading the word!
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as freedom, should not be highly rated."

BluegrassColonel

What a fantastic event! The weather was great (except for the downpour late Saturday afternoon), the shooters showed up ready to learn and intently listened, the instructor cadre was on the same page, and there was a lot of encouragement between shooters.

Congratulations to our newly-minted Riflemen, Doc_SGM and Alex (Doc_SGM with a borrowed rifle and Alex using an AR-15)!  We had many knocking on the door!

If Doc_SGM wants an Orange Hat, I can get it to him in Hendersonville!

I am anticipating a large influx of shooters and full shooting lines in the upcoming year!

Liberty!
Greg
Bluegrass Colonel
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

Photos
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

TNEagle

Adam Ringenburg, a second time shooter, is the co-host of the Gun Blog Variety Cast and he talked about his experience at this shoot in last night's episode (http://gunblogvarietycast.com/episode56/).

The AppleSeed discussion starts at 40:15 but listen to the whole episode for some great information and entertaining stories.
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

Living Hand

Quote from: TNEagle on September 14, 2015, 09:48:17 PM
Adam Ringenburg, a second time shooter, is the co-host of the Gun Blog Variety Cast and he talked about his experience at this shoot in last night's episode (http://gunblogvarietycast.com/episode56/).

The AppleSeed discussion starts at 40:15 but listen to the whole episode for some great information and entertaining stories.

Fun listen - Good times!  Thank you, Adam.  Come again and we'll make a Rifleman of you - So long as you can keep your shots on your own target  :)  Maybe you'll get some strange (duct tape) then, too  - And if that's not an inside joke, then I don't know one.

colycat

It is really great the the Arnold Air base is still doing Appleseeds and even greater that TN Colonel is now a DSB.  He was the boot on the ground when I SB' ed my first  shoot in 08 at this location.   A shooter and blue hat.

Congratulations to the TN cadre for making these events a success. ^:)^
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine