News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder CO, May 30, 2015 Rimfire Known Distance

Started by Long Rifle, September 05, 2015, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

I've been a slacker for not posting an IAAR for this event and I apologize. This is the 3rd Rimfire Known Distance event I've run at the Boulder Rifle Club. It went smoothly and the weather was great. We had 6 students and all were enthusiastic. I really believe that this event is the logical next step after an Appleseed weekend. In the RKD, we covered trajectory, come ups, and wind correction. I had them shoot at 25, 50, 75, 100, and 200 yards. I hung a repair center sized chunk of steel at 200 for folks to shoot at and I have some redcoat standing size metal targets I put up for them to finish the day with. It really was a fun event. If you have the range capability, I would encourage you to run an event like this. It's a kick. If you let your Appleseed weekend students know about it. I'm sure you'll fill the line.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.