News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guntersville, AL 29-30 Aug 2015

Started by Maximum Ordinate, September 03, 2015, 02:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

It was a great weekend at the beautiful Blue & Gray Rifle and Pistol Club in Guntersville, Alabama.  The BGRPC only hosts one instructional event per year and Project Appleseed is it, always on the last weekend of August.  We were fortunate that it was cooler than it had been the previous couple of years.   :)

Fourteen shooters arrived bright and early on Saturday morning to learn about fundamental rifle marksmanship and hear the message of Liberty.  After the First Strike and safety briefing, we worked through instruction and drills until noon.  Our group of shooters were happy and energetic!  At lunch, we heard Terri share the Second Strike and then jumped back into learning!  We wrapped up the day with Diana telling the Third Strike!

Sunday was a bit overcast with some misting and the infrequent shower... but our aspiring Riflemen persisted!  After a brief review and some drills, we jumped into the first AQT of the weekend.  Our first Rifleman was Bill (with a score of 230) to be followed by Garrett (with a score of 215)!

During lunch, Amy told us about the Dangerous Dames & Old Men.  A few of us teamed up to talk about known distance shooting.  I can't say how grateful I was when absolutely EVERYONE stuck around to help tear down and clean up... all with smiles and laughter.  Thank you!

It's our pleasure to have served each of you this weekend.  I hope that you continue pursuing excellence in marksmanship and sharing the message of Liberty.

-Rusty

P.S.  We'll add some pictures below.  Feel free to add your own!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

AH1Tom

Awesome weekend. Thank you to all the Appleseed volunteers that give so much of themselves and their time to these events. You were all very professional and it was a pleasure getting to know you. Thank you also to the Blue & Gray Rifle and Pistol Club for making your facilities available for the Appleseed event. Any of you that have been to an Appleseed event will not be surprised to learn I did not earn the Rifleman's patch last weekend. :( I plan to keep at it until I do. :)

It was a great time of learning more about our country's history and rifle marksmanship.

inSANEmom

Thanks for a great weekend! Guntersville was the location of my very first shoot a couple years ago. It was great for this Florida Girl to travel back to her old stomping grounds. I loved seeing so many of my Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee instructors and meeting new shooters.

Congratulations to Bill (AKA: "George!") and Garrett on their excellent shooting. Everyone else saw improvement and are on their way to getting a Rifleman's score. A Rifleman Persists!
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

EddieB

What a great event we had at Guntersville!  I enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing a wonderful (though soggy) weekend.  Don't forget to spread the word about Appleseed and April 19, 1775.  I look forward to seeing you at a shoot in the near future.

Below is a link to some photos I took.
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Guntersville%20AL%20August%2029%202015

-EddieB

pabica

Thanks so much to Rusty, and inSANEmom, and EddieB, and everyone that helped all of us learn more about shooting and the history of our founding father's message of Liberty... 

It was amazing to have so much help and guidance... 

Thanks to all.....

Bill... (AKA George)...  AKA pabica...