News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LEBANON, CT AUGUST 29-30,2015

Started by Heavyduty77, August 31, 2015, 08:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavyduty77

What a perfect weekend for an Appleseed! Great sunny weather and a great turnout at the Bozrah Rod & Gun Club in Lebanon, Connecticut. It's always a pleasure to hold an Appleseed here. The club range fee included a continental breakfast and lunch.

The group settled in nicely for the event. Julie, Brandon, Kim, and Adam (second time attendees) setup their large umbrella and chairs and made themselves right at home!

Julia, one of the juniors attending, came dressed in period garb and impressed us all with her shooting and her ability to handle the heat while wearing the heavy dress and hat of a colonial lady.

Katie, another of our junior attendees, shot well enough to qualify for the KD portion of the program.

In all, we had five junior attendees. Thanks again to Caleb, Ian, Jake, Julia, and Katie for joining us.

As the day wore on we had to continually stress the importance of keeping hydrated. Saturday was especially quite hot due to the lack of clouds and absence of any breeze.

We saw some good improvement in the shooting both days. Kristi worked up to a 205 AQT and Kim was right behind with a 190 AQT.

Our 'star' of the weekend was Greg. After 'cleaning' the Redcoat Saturday afternoon he went on to score Rifleman twice on Sunday with 210 and 217 scores. Then he topped those off with another cleaning of the Redcoat in the afternoon. Not a bad weekend for a first time Appleseed shooter! Congratulations Greg.

Our thanks again goes out to Morpheus for coming all the way up from Georgia to give us a hand with the instructing. We were also treated to Morpheus' telling of Patrick Henry's 'Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!' speech in its entirety; all from memory! That was really something to hear.

Regards to all,
Heavyduty77

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

Louie1961

Thank you to the instructors for a great experience! I need to repeat in somewhat cooler weather.  :) the heat kicked my butt on Sunday.

TOMINCT

This was a warm weather event for sure! Louie1961 wasn't the only one to feel it!

It was a great event at Bozrah R&G club. The club did it's best to keep everyone well fed and hydrated thru the weekend.

The shooters were an attentative bunch, most of whom were first time attendees. There were some other notable scores, Amy with a 190, IIRC Chris in the 179/180 range and our jr shooter Julie with a 163. I'm sure there were others who did well also, my apologies for not having my info at hand.

The IT crew did outstandingly well, Heavyduty77 as SBIT and man of many hats thru both days. Morpheus giving us northerners some insight from his vast experience and his spirited Patrick Henry oration received everyone's attention, hats off to you sir!

We look forward to other events there in the future and hope others chime in with observations and photos.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Morpheus

What can I say?!! It was great to be back in CT!

The shooters were every bit the type of folks that I've come to know and love at Appleseeds. It was wonderful to share their enthusiasm about rifle marksmanship and to spark a fire about the history of April 19, 1775.
It was also wonderful to have such a full line this weekend! I do hope that some of these shooters quickly get down that path to Rifleman , and then take up the Orange Hat!! ~~:) Tom and Pete could use the help O0

It was certainly worth the trip up from GA to be a part of this shoot. My thanks to TOMINCT and Heavyduty77 for running such a great event. I hope to get back again, and soon!

Remember shooters, the best practice you can do before your next Appleseed is to Dry Fire! Practice these positions, practice finding your NPOA, practice the six steps, and you will return a better shooter. O0

In Liberty,

Morpheus
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

Heavyduty77

Here are some snapshots provided by Caleb (one of the shooters at the Lebanon event).

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

Surfcaster

Wanted to thank Morpheus, Heavyduty77 and TominCT for putting this on. Learned a bunch and had a great time. Hearing about the strikes of the match and Morpheus reciting Patrick Henry's speech was outstanding!
Thanks guys!
Adam