News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manistee, Michigan August 29 & 30, 2015

Started by Graywolf, August 31, 2015, 09:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a fantastic time in Manistee.  This was the first Appleseed hosted by the The Manistee Muzzleloading Club and they did were an outstanding host club.  They had everything from cookies and coffee available all day to a shaded, tarp covered range.   Special thanks to Greg the club liaison,  for his hospitality and helpfulness during our event.  Also a big thank you to Hank, one of our shooters and a club member, who provided impromptu history demonstrations on Saturday and Sunday with his Charleville rifle (the type the French supplied to the Continental troop during the Revolution) and for providing other very interesting Revolutionary era firearms background.

We had a great group of experienced shooters.  They had teachable attitudes and lots of excitement.  I have to say this was probably the most fun group to work with that the instructors have had in a long time.  It was almost like a big family reunion.

Congratulations to Sherry who scored rifleman scores of 229 & 214 and for taking an Orange Hat as well.  Congratulations, also to Sam who shot rifleman scores of 210 and 214.  Well done to both of you. 

Hank, you are so close to shooting rifleman it was heartbreaking.  Hang in there!  Next time for sure.  Skip, Todd, Dave and Mike you guys were really banging on the door as well with consistent scores in the 190's.  You will get there soon.  A rifleman is persistent.  Sandy and Jim you were getting it done as well.  I expect you to score rifleman next time as well. 

I will post up pictures as soon as they I can get them off my Iphone.  In the meantime if anyone else has pics, let's see them!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

Pictures from the event
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Graywolf

More Pictures

Tc_Bandit

This was my first Appleseed event, to start things out I would attend another in a heartbeat. I haven't shot a rifle like this since I was in the Navy, it was exciting to shoot. The range was fantastic and the Instructors were also great to work with. I had alot of fun shooting and listening to the stories and history lessons the instructors provided.

I do hope the Manistee Muzzleloading Club will host another event soon! It was a fantastic location.

On a side note, I do work for Gander Mountain. If any of the Instructors would like to send infromation regarding the appleseed program or upcoming events feel free to message me! Everyone should try one of these once!

I will be looking forward to attending more Applseed events as life rolls on. Goals have been set Todd, Mike, and Myself will strive for that rifleman patch! We will bring more poeple next time for sure!

Thank you again for the great weekend and looking forward to seeing you again!

-Dave
TC_Bandit

Over A

Having only been to 2 events I was excited to see twice as many shooters on the line than my first event. Every person brought their own perspective, ideas, and tips to help one another. Everyone was eager and willing to learn and by the end of the event we had 5 bucket shots hit but more importantly we were all able to answer the 4 questions correctly.

The history that is told during these events is inspiring in itself - but having Hank do a reinactment with replicas of rifles used in 1775 brought a visual that really hit home.

I look forward to attending many more events and listening to other Appleseed Instructors bring their passion to the history every American should feel a connection to.

-Over A

Muzzleblast

This was my first Appleseed shoot and I did not know what to expect  except for what I read on the Appleseed website.  I was quite surprised that the whole crew that Graywolf had with him was so professional and knowledgeable.  I can say that I learned or in some cases re-learned everything I did not learn in history class in school or when I served in the US Army.  My shooting skills have improved 100% and my memory was jogged in the history segments to make me thankful I live in this Great Country called The United States of America. 
I will be signing up for the June 11 & 12, 2016 Appleseed to he held at the Manistee Muzzleloaders Range.