News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clinton, Iowa: 29-30 Aug 2015

Started by IXOYE, August 30, 2015, 10:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great weekend in Clinton with two shooters consistently scoring rifleman scores on Sunday! We cleared a few Red Coat targets on both Saturday and Sunday. We also had some fun Sunday afternoon shooting an M1 Garand that one of the participants brought.

Congratulations to Tom and Mike for earning their rifleman patches! Kudos to everyone else for showing determination and for demonstrating significant improvement in your marksmanship skills throughout the weekend. A big shout out to Andrew for showing the biggest improvement. He's knocking at the door to earning his rifleman patch if he'll stick with it.

Thanks to the Izaak Walton club in Clinton for sharing their range with us and a special thanks to Shannon for driving have way across the state to help instruct.

Everyone had great attitudes and it was a pleasure to be one of their instructors. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again on their journey to becoming riflemen and/or Appleseed volunteers. I'll try to post a few pictures of our event in the next day or two.

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow or the next day.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures:

Saturday's Crew

Our two new riflemen

Sunday AM Prone

Check that trigger control

Sighting in the M1 Garand

Finding his NPOA

Swapping rifles Sunday PM

Shooting the AQT Garand style

Our lone youth shooter

How much fun can a guy have?
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)