News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Defiance, OH Appleseed, Aug 29-30, 2015

Started by Blindman, August 30, 2015, 09:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

"I will just open this and leave it here for a bit."
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Charley

What a privilege to work with an awesome groups of shooters! Everyone came with an open mind and teachable attitude, these qualities made teaching that much better! Hopefully everyone remembers a few of the things we talked about and pointers we gave individually to help improve yourself (and your scores!) hope to see you out on the line again!!! Remember to talk with people about your experience with Appleseed and get more people coming out with you! Pics to come.....

Charley

Saturday shooting

Charley

Learning some IMC

Charley

Our very own Grenedier!

Charley

Some history on Sunday

Charley

Our Grenedier surrendering to Mother Batherick

Charley

Charley

Team exercise...take out the Red Coats!

Charley

still taking out the red coats!

Charley

Nice job shooters!!

Charley

Father and son...last red coat of the weekend

Cadence

Wish I could have been there, but my hernia surgery was too close in the rear view mirror for me to be of any help. A big thank-you to all the Appleseed instructors, ITT's and staff that signed-up at the last minute to help the shoot and cover for me. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Liberty Center in Sept.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

topper

Cadence, we had a great weekend. Hope you heal up quickly. See you soon.

Instruction for the Saturday morning Redcoat

topper

topper

New Rifleman. Good job Roger!

topper

2 new orange hats have joined the Ohio crew! Thanks guys.

radiotron

Many thanks to all the instructors for a great weekend.  It's easy to sense the passion you all have when telling stories or making sure we have a safe line, or teaching us to SHIFT to our NPOA.  I've been telling my buddies at work about what fun it was, and I will definitely bring up the topic of hosting an event at our next club meeting.

Birdman, I've changed my mind again.  The found glasses are probably mine.  If I don't see anything in this topic after a couple of days, I'll contact the host's workplace and see if he still has them.

I'll definitely be attending another one so I can get the patch and hear some more stories about our heritage!
Thanks again!
-radiotron
Kevin

radiotron

Blindman, sorry for botching your name in my previous post.  :-[

Blindman

Blindman

Attending, Blindman, shoot boss,   excused absence (but missed) Cadence (Recuperation)
   Sat    Third degree, Charley and Little Buddy
   Sun    WhiteKnight, Charley and little Buddy

With a brief pause to refresh, I would like to tell all my AS brethren and new alumni what an incredible weekend I had in Defiance. Temperature was the strongest deterrent as the sun and the mercury drove ever higher. A group of nine citizens stepped forward to renew their knowledge of their heritage and sharpen their marksmanship.
Safety was, as always the watchword and all shooters displayed fine, safe gun handling skills and attentive attitudes as the day progressed. History was well received to an attentive house as myself(Blindman) and Third Degree told the stories of our heritage.
Sunday was a repeat of the previous day, WhiteKnight and myself conducting the refresher briefing and then ---to the Grind as AQT's felt the wrath of these dedicated students as they applied their lesson of the previous day.
  Sadly, there was one injury to report that day, the unfortunate soul being myself as a piece of hot brass landed on my collar bone as I was inspecting Max's trigger pull during a standing firing string. I have already treated the injury and expect to make a full recovery.
One patch was awarded as Roger Edwards  scored a 211 on his third Appleseed. After this event he and his brother, Jim Edwards decided to take their seventh step and accepted their orange hats. Congratulations to both  - now get to work.
  Defiance provided us with hospitality and a find group of shooters. I can't wait to see it again.

Redcoats
              Sat    Sun
            A     P      A   P
100       2     9      6   9
200       5     5      4   3
300       2     2     2    2
400        0    2     1    2
H           1     5    1    3
clear

Corvette

Looks like it was a great first shoot at Defiance.  Great improvement shown. Wish I could have been there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DrRichP

Great job team! It looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks to all the shooters who showed up to learn about our unique American Heritage!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Charley

Jason with the M1 Garande

Charley

Max and the M1 Garande. It was this young man's first time shooting it! Look at those hits!!

Charley

Charley

Charley