News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oscoda, MI August 29-30, 2015

Started by D.O.M., August 29, 2015, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

The first day was a winner for sure! The weather started rainy and yucky, but quickly became drier and cool. Then the sun came out and it was quite pleasant. Paul and Chris both shot well. Paul had shot a rifle before, but come to find out it was 50 years ago and only 3 shots! He had shot pistol though. He had some impressive groups for sure. Paul, it was a pleasure having you on the line. Chris was coming along, and we did shoot 3 AQTs today (Saturday) but he is still fighting some horizontal dispersion in his groups. We'll hit it hard on Sunday, Chris! I know you are committed to scoring your rifleman's score!

That's all for now, pics tomorrow!

Sunday proved to be a glorious day to celebrate the men and women who made such difficult choices and persisted in following the path that led, eventually, to liberty. Chris or, should I say "William G. Gruff III" (Michigan's new Orange hat) proved that persistence does pay off. Chris scored a 214 on his AQT,  ^:)^ and boy was he happy about it!  ^:)^ He had to go off and text the news to, I suspect, another new Orange Hat!  O0
We had some visitors stop by because they saw the flag set flying prominently next to the bay we were in. I must remember to make a banner with "Project Appleseed" and www.RWVA.org on it to help spread the message. These visits have led to one (so far) scheduled Liberty Seed. See, even with only 2 participants, an Appleseed weekend can make a difference!  O0
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Fly-Boy

Here are some pictures I took
This is only temporary....unless it works - Red Green

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

D.O.M.

Here are some pics I managed to snap:

The D-IIT Twins!

Chris gets to shoot the Greatest Battle Implement ever devised!

Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

William G. Gruff III

Thank you guys for putting on this Seed despite only two people.  I have to admit it was like having my own personnel marksmanship class.  A BIG thanks to Dragon Medic for busting out the rifle triage kit, Dr. D.O.M for conducting scope mount surgery and for Fly Boy along with Nailer 22 in their assistance and support .   I will work on making next years Iosco Sportmans Club Appleseed bigger.
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32

William G. Gruff III

And Thanks to MAC 66 for designing a cool 10/22, I finally made Rilfeman!
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32

Fly-Boy

Here are some more pictures I took at the event

D.O.M gives one on one instruction

Nailer22 tells 3rd Strike

Chris got his riflemen patch Hazzah!

This is only temporary....unless it works - Red Green

"Who ever looks upon them as an irregular mob will find themselves very much mistaken. For they have men among them who know very well what they are about." - Brigadier Genral Lord Hugh Percy

DrRichP

Looks like a great shoot. I wish I could have been there. Congrats to our new Rifleman! O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy