News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX August 15, 2015

Started by scuzzy, August 27, 2015, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Another fine shoot at my home away from home in Waco.

I was pleased to see spitstickler out to help. He's a good friend from way back and it's always nice to hang out with him. He bought out a bunch of younger people otherwise it would have been a small shoot.

As it was we had 8 pre-regs but two were no shows. However we had two walk-ons so we were back up to 8.

Cheryl and Russ were the only adults on the line at this event. Otherwise we could have called this a JuniorSeed. They've been out a few times. Russ already has his patch but this weekend his wife Cheryl got her patch too. I still remember the first time I checked Cheryl's target a few months back. It was one of those shotgun patterns. She now can run with the best of them now. Congrats to Cheryl.

Anybody who complains about kids these days needs to come out to an Appleseed. What a nice bunch we had. Well mannered, paid attention, and respectful. And if there were any safety issues I didn't see it. They were all enthusiastic and paid attention.

The weather - well it was August in Texas. Nuff said. The shooting - lots of improvements. I was particularly surprised at the number of 250 yard 'squares' hit at the end of the day.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."