News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville KD, August 22-23

Started by dond, August 25, 2015, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

A total of 9 shooters showed up for this event, with 8 present Saturday and 8 present Sunday. This included two shooters who had never been to an AS before. Instruction took up most of the time Saturday morning. Since we were limited the 25 meter range Saturday, we used it for zeroing, some instruction, ball and dummy, determining the MOA of front sights and scopes, and an AQT. Sunday we moved to the 500 yard range and set up targets, after which AQTs were begun. Four shooters achieved the KD Rifleman status, and this included one who had not previously attended an AS.  O0  After this, steel targets were set up at random distances and a range estimation exercise was conducted by Ramblin'Wreck. When the shooters had calculated distances to the targets they were instructed to fire two rounds at each target using their estimated distances and given points for the best estimated distances and target hits based on their estimated distances. Two shooters tied for this exercise and the winner chosen arbitrarily by the best hits on the most distant target.

Other instructors, besides Ramblin'Wreck, were Sur+Rifle, Fred, and Darkfoot, who all performed superbly.

Several pictures of the participants are anticipated shortly.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Hop

Awesome.  I've shot KD rifleman there as well.  The random distance steel sounds fun too.  We had steel at 100 yd increments.  It was cake with a bdc ACOG.

Ramblin' Wreck

I had a great time with some really good shooters in Evansville last weekend. Below are some of the pictures I took

The old Wreck with the two shooters who tied for "Top Shot Appleseed". Tie breaker was to the shooter who most closely estimated the range to the farthest target, Larry. Good work guys.

400 yards is a long way but Big John had no problem.

Attending a 25 meter Appleseed before coming to a KD is recommended but not absolutely necessary. Harley proved that by earning his Rifleman patch and KD rocker on the same KD AQT.

When extra help shows up you put them to work. Fred, can you clear the right side please sir?

Shoot Boss and Master Instructor DonD.

Range estimation drill for shooting UNknown Distance.

Thanks to Surplus for getting everything together for this event. I look forward to working you all y'all again soon. Drop me a line if you get down this way.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown