News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houghton Lake, MI August 22-23, 2015

Started by Superheat, August 24, 2015, 11:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

What a great weekend, again.  Appleseeding is the BEST! It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful AMERICANS are out there.  The weather was great Saturday and Sunday was wonderful right up until the monsoon hit.   :slap:

We had seven shooters and ALL made great progress in marksmanship. 
Unfortunately, Matt wasn't feeling well enough to come Sunday.  We hope to see you at the next one.
Tyler was crushing the squares right off the bat.  I suspect he has received some instruction in the past.  It didn't take long for him to get his rifleman patch.  Huzzah!  well done.
Jason was next.  He battled equipment issues and persisted in true Rifleman fashion.  Jason scored a 210!  It was great to put that North Bridge water to good use.  I had been carrying it around for a while.
Bill kept working on his npoa and was making progress when his vintage 10/22 broke the extractor.  Luckily I came prepared with a loaner. 
Chris seemed that he had one little issue after another.  His Mac rifle was stove piping.  Probably ammo related.  Scope issues.  Then he switched rifles and was shooting well again for awhile.  Then Murphy showed up again..  Ughhhh.  I'm sensing next time you will kick the door in on that AQT.  Persist, you are shooting well.
Jim was a trooper.  Battling mobility, we adapted his shooting positions and he was shooting well.  Those iron sights work great!
Not to be out done, Erin scored a 220 on the last AQT.  I had no doubt she would.  She had my 'instructor maker'.  After some thought, she is starting on the IIT trail.  HUZZAH! AND WELCOME ABOARD.  WE NEED YOUR HELP.

Special thanks to Nailer22.  I hope to see you on the trail again soon.

Most of all, thanks to HOUGHTON LAKE SPORTSMAN'S CLUB.  Your dedication to Appleseed is very much appreciated.

Remember the challenge I issued.  14 in twelve months seems easy compared to 14,000 in 12 hours. 

Here are some pics:

Raising our nations colors

"TAKE BREAKS"

PRONE IS LOOKING REAL GOOD

THANKS TO WOODCHUCK FOR KEEPING US HYDRATED

FIRMLY SEALED INSIDE THE RIFLEMAN'S BUBBLE,  before the wardrobe malfunction...

JIM POLICING BRASS, AMERICAN INGENUITY

HAT TIP TO MADAMYOTNOTTIN WITH A PURPLE PATCH

SHINNY NEW ORANGE HAT.  WELCOME INTO THE CADRE.

Superheat

D.O.M.

Sounds like a great shoot!

Congratulations to all the riflemen!

Thanks, Erin for grabbing a bucket and helping to save the country!
Everybody else; keep at it. Shooting to this standard isn't easy, but it is worth it! Maybe I'll see you at an event in the future?
Nice work Superheat and Nailer22. I'm sure you guys had a great time!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

nailer22

Great shoot! Well run by Superheat. I think maybe he has done this once before. Congratulations to our new Riflemen Tyler, Jason and Erin. And a special shout out to Erin for taking an orange hat. I look forward to working future shoots with you. Chris, you are sooooo close to getting that patch. Erin has thrown down the gauntlet, now it's up to you. Hope I'm there to see you score rifleman.

And thanks to the Houghton Lake club for hosting this event. You have a great facility there.

Ginger82

Thanks guys! Could not have done it without the help and instruction. Ready to learn how to help people learn this stuff!!! So important!!!