News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI Aug. 22-23 Young Marines shoot.

Started by Swamp Thing, August 23, 2015, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp Thing

Another fantastic Appleseed weekend in the books. This time with some of our best and brightest young men and women the country has to offer. The Young Marines! We actually had two different units on the line this time representing Lapeer and Port Huron. 14 shooters on Saturday and 12 on Sunday all worked hard on improving their marksmanship skills while thoroughly enjoying learning more about the history of our founders.

I apologize for my lack of photos, but I'm certain that many will appear in the posts to follow.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of our attendees, their staff, the Lapeer County Sportsman Club, and all of the Appleseed volunteers who made this event safe, educational, and most of all fun! Thanks to all!!!

P.S. Megan made her own birthday cookies and they were super awesome!  ^:)^

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Superheat

Hear I thought it spelled 'Liberty', thanks for setting me straight Hammer.

OUTSTANDING!  Job to all. I wish I could have been there. 

Thank you to the YMs staff for bringing your unit to an Appleseed. 

Grindstone

It sounds like another great presentation of hand's-on history.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.