News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bellevue, MI August 22-23, 2015

Started by Rascal21, August 19, 2015, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Sorry it's taken so long. The photos went up last night on the Project Appleseed - Michigan FB page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.737667193010119.1073741879.240556109387899&type=3

Please feel free to look them over there, you don't need to log in to see them.

Great weekend with great students. I can't wait to see you all again on the line. Congrats again Jeff!

Stacy

3.Dogs

Another great weekend at Appleseed completed.  We had excellent progress from all of our shooters this weekend.  It was an absolute joy to have been the Shoot Boss for this event.  Watching the groups get smaller an smaller every course of fire.  Once we got into the AQT the scores just kept on climbing.  I fully believe everyone of you can reach that rifleman's score.  I loved the goals each student set before them and once those goals were reached new goals were set.

Michael, Rearden, Rivkie I look forward to seeing each of you on the line in the future.  Watching each of you progress in your marksmanship has been a fantastic experience.  I have to sit back an wonder which of the three of you is going to reach a score first.  Just massive improvement every time you came to the line.

Andrew and Spencer each of you have the skills to reach your own rifleman's score all you need to do is just bring everything together.

Jeff congratulations again on reaching a score on the last AQT on Sunday and in the rain as well.  Well done sir.

Jason it was a pleasure and I look forward to seeing you at events in the future and well done on your AQT.

:pics:

3.Dogs
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

Graywolf

As always, another great weekend.  How can it get better than a weekend at Appleseed?  It can't.

We had a number of young shooters on the line and it was pure pleasure watching them learn and improve.  I had the honor of working with Rivkie most of Saturday and all I can say is Wow!  What a great attitude and willingness to learn.  I am certain that she will score rifleman one day soon.  I didn't get as much chance to work with the other young people but, based on their AQT scores they will be getting it done soon.

Congrats to Jason on re-qualifying not just once but at least twice.  Look forward to seeing you on the line again soon, sir!

Congratulations also to Phil who shot his rifleman score in the pouring rain.  Too bad we don't have a special rifleman patch for shooting in a downpour.  Well done!

Mike, you are well on your way to getting it done, sir.  A rifleman persists.  You will get there soon.

It was great working with all our volunteers.  (Even if the shoot boss made us instructors stand out in the rain.  ^-^  )
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

ruger rat

With each Appleseed I attend, I come away with something new.  A new skill: How to really get my elbow underneath the rifle - thanks, Rascal21!  A new appreciation:  As our instructors spoke, I noticed a lot of raw emotion that gave us a look into their heart, which solidified to me why they do what they do for us.  We should all be as passionate about our freedom. We take it for granted, when in fact, we truly are a blessed people.  Thanks, Bill for letting the kids shoot your Scar.  A big event for them!  The rain wasn't too big of a deal....until we got home and had to try to dry everything out.   :-\  I was thankful for the wind today!  I've attached a few pictures.  Rascal21 is usually the one behind the camera, so was glad to get a few of her in action.  Thank you everyone who was involved instructors, helpers and shooters.  What a great weekend!

Rascal21

Initial post updated with photo link.

:) Stacy