News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames Iowa Aug 16-17

Started by Twineagles, August 17, 2015, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We had a couple of warm sunny days for the shoot. We had a great group to work with. We could watch the groups gradually shrinking as Saturday went on. Sunday after the review portion the group was eager to get the AQTs going.

Ames Ike's is a great facility with plenty of welcome shade to take breaks and share the heritage. We had one very happy young lady who took home her rifleman patch leaving dad in her wake. All of the shooters can be proud of their improvement this weekend.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

Congratulations Megan on your achievement!  Outstanding!   We look forward to seeing you and your dad at another Appleseed soon!

Greg in NCIA

You can rest assured that we will be at another Appleseed.  I've got to shoot rifleman, and Megan's looking to earn an orange hat!  We are meeting Thursday at the Hansell range for a Rimfire Challenge and I intend to get the ball rolling on having an Appleseed shoot here.  We are willing to do the legwork to promote the event locally, and I don't think we'll have any problem getting the range volunteers to go for it.  We just need to set a date when it fits my farming schedule.  I'll be in touch soon.  Thanks again for a very fun and educational weekend!

Ames

Greg - Sounds great!   I'm more than happy to help you guys out any way I can.  I'm sure that goes for any of us here.  If you need anything or have questions on setting up an AS shoot,  just send me a PM. 

Cort

SoapCreeker

Great group to work with!  I knew Megan was close to getting it on Saturday and we look forward to Dad getting it next!  Great attitudes by all and noticeable shooting improvements.
"Ultimately, the most important skill for the patriot is marksmanship"