News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help Needed!!

Started by Laredo, August 16, 2015, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

Looking for help for the Waterman event on Aug 29-30.

We have 14 signed up and only 3 instructors (Cinco, cant make it).  Two weeks out...  Sure to be more signed up by then!

Anyone available?

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Laredo

Bump.

We could really use some help.  18 shooters and only 3 hats...!!!

Surely someone is available?
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Slappy

About to add two more to the registered.  Any chance you or one of the other two instructors will have a spare rifle for my son to use?   I have a 10/22 set up for me.  I also have a Marlin 60, but no sling or mounts for it.
1st-August 8/9, 2015
2nd-January 16/17, 2016- ;D Rifleman (217); IIT0

Laredo

I have 2 spares.  One is spoken for.  You have my second!  Give me your name so I can hold it for you.

thanks and I look forward to meeting you.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Slappy

Thanks.  Conrad Skrzypiec will be the one using it.
1st-August 8/9, 2015

Slappy

Will the site have lunch available, or do we need to pack a lunch?  This will be our second one, and lunch was available at the last one, so we weren't sure if that was the norm, or a special case.
1st-August 8/9, 2015

Laredo

Most of the time there is a local restaurant that sends a guy around for orders/deliveries.

I dont know the mechanism that makes that possible.  If they are still doing that, then you will be good to go.  Personally, I would bring a lunch just in case. 

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Slappy

I just received notification that my grandfather passed away this morning.  So we will be dealing with that this weekend, so the gun you had set aside for us will not be needed.  Thanks.
1st-August 8/9, 2015

Laredo

I am real sorry to hear that. 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

DrRichP

I am coming to Waterman on Saturday.

We currently have 19 pre-registered (2 cancelled due to a death in the family).

For staff we have 2ClicksLow, Laredo, KiwiMonster (IIT3), shooter559 (IIT 0) and Flyr521(IIT 0). I am also bringing Janir and another Red Hat/SB with me, so we're well covered.

Thanks to all who responded!

In Liberty,

Dr Rich P
Project Appleseed
Instructor, Shoot Boss and Range Safety Officer
drrichp@projectappleseed.net
Cell       224.338.5330
------------------------------------------------------------

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

alphakoncepts

Yesterday was great fun. Thanks to the instructors and RSO's. 

The rain didn't get us down and next time I will be more prepared. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a rifleman's patch, but now I want one. Funny how that works.

Thanks again guys and gals. I learned alot about the sling yesterday.

Jordy

Thank you all so much! Had a wonderful time this weekend! Awesome instructors !!
-Jordy

Laredo

Thanks for coming Jordy and Alpha.  It was great meeting you.

Check back later today or tomorrow and you will find the After Action Report for the weekend. 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Zee

Great meeting everyone, looking forward to more!

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

alphakoncepts

Quote from: Zee on August 31, 2015, 10:10:36 PM
Great meeting everyone, looking forward to more!
Congrats on the orange hat Joel!