News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Vienna, OH August 8-9, 2015

Started by EZ3, August 11, 2015, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Vienna Fish and Game Club has been hosting Project Appleseed (or "Johnny Appleseed", as they call us) since 2008.  They have a great rifle range that they donate for the weekend, and they have done some work on the clubhouse, so it was even nicer than previous years.  Truly an organization moving in the right direction, and we appreciate their continued support for the program.   :bow:

The weather was AWESOME all weekend, and the eleven patriotic Americans who attended got the benefit of some quality time with their rifles.  Alex had another great weekend on the line, clearing his Redcoat Saturday afternoon and making further progress toward his Rifleman patch.  Dave worked through some difficulties, qualifying for his patch with a....210!  Extra credit should be given, however, as he shot Stage Two from standing position!  O0

Wheeler also re-qualified, setting the bar for the local instructor cadre with a 216.  We ARE all going to re-qualify this year, aren't we?   &)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

MsMtnEagle

It WAS a wonderful weekend!  Great weather, wonderful students, who all brought their teachable attitudes!  Everyone saw great improvement in their targets over the weekend.  I always learn so much at each appleseed too!  Mr. Happy showed me how to zero the scope on my air rifle, which I had run out of room on the elevation adjustment.   :wb:  A little shim here or there.. and presto!  A beautifully sighted in air rifle!   ^:)^  I think I could do a  re-qualify on the AQT now with the air rifle if given enough time for the "one shot at a time" reload sequence!  It was wonderful to see the instructors again, and a pleasure to work with all the students.  Looking forward to next time!
Pam
"I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it"
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"  
"What would you choose to do today if you KNEW that you would succeed?"

Birdman

Finally some time to post some comments and pictures. Thank you Vienna F&G Club for allowing us to take over their range for a weekend. Thank you club members for providing more help than any other club since I have been instructing at Appleseed events (2008!).
Shooters, thank you for getting off the couch and onto the concrete! How's the elbows? :) 
Dave, sorry (not!) that you ended up a bit wet after being drenched with water that had passed under the North Bridge. I think that a 210 AQT was the smart thing to do, as you were probably the coolest one there!
Many great shooters rose up through the weekend. Please keep at it and you will get there. You CAN do anything you put your mind to. Another very close event will be Crooked Creek Conservation Club in Hartsgrove, OH, Oct 3 & 4, about 9 miles South of I-90 on Rt 534. As always, it was great to see my friends Lee, Mr Happy, Dan, JJ, and Pam.
Here's a few pictures:

Corvette

Looks like it was a great event.  Many thanks to EZ3 for boarder raiding to help us out. I may have to come up to next year's shoot to check things out.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Quote from: Corvette on August 21, 2015, 06:56:44 PM
Looks like it was a great event.  Many thanks to EZ3 for boarder raiding to help us out. I may have to come up to next year's shoot to check things out.

Corvette

You won't regret the drive.  Come hungry, the "church ladies" feed us well!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

arpjoe

Even though I am living and working in Arizona now, Vienna Fish and Game was my home club when I started with Appleseed in 2008.  I am glad to see Vienna still supporting Appleseed and helping to bail to keep the ship floating.

Joe
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343