News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Lake / Spokane Handgun Instruction?

Started by inSANEmom, August 11, 2015, 09:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inSANEmom

Hello, Washington Friends! Greetings from Florida!

I am a Medical Lake HS graduate (1990) and have a classmate that is looking for some guidance with a handgun purchase and instruction. She is a teacher at Medical Lake Elementary. I said I would ask around for some advice as to where she should go or who she should talk to to get started.  I was hoping to find someone within Appleseed to give her guidance and also pull her into the program and get her to a weekend event. I've been talking it up for a while and think we could convince her once we get the momentum going.

Thanks for your time and assistance!
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

Border-Run

As far as the handgun purchase and instruction. I recommend the woman and guns class at Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop. My wife took it after 19 years of me bugging her.  And in 8 hours see went from "you deal with that " to I am ready to buy one for myself. the Class Descriptions is

"This class closely follows the curriculum of Handgun Safety and Marksmanship, but is conducted in an all-female, new shooter-friendly setting. This course will teach not only the fundamentals of marksmanship, operation of semi-automatics and revolvers and live-fire manipulations, but will expand upon female-specific topics such as carry options, firearms selection, use of force considerations and other topics. This class includes an extended live-fire session to allow for more one on one instruction."

the next AS is Coeur d'Alene, ID October 3-4, 2015  with 5 shooters and 1 Instructor. No shoot boss yet but with lots of room for her and the rest of the teachers at Medical Lake Elementary. the range has in the past had loaner rifles. I don't know if there were the range's or some instructor's personal stash.

bountybuddy

This sounds like a really good class.  I hope to get my wife involved in  a class like this.  I could use one myself.  I love shooting hand guns but do not do it well.  Is there a class similar to this class for the men?  Thanks for your post.  Shoot safe my friends.
Who Gave you the black eye?
Nobody gave it to me son I fought for it.
Conagher  (Louis L'Amour)

May all your paths be bright ones.