News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alto, MI (Caledonia Sportsman's Club) - August 15-16, 2015

Started by Oz, August 10, 2015, 01:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

It was not the hottest Appleseed I've attended, but it was the most humid by a mile!  But through it all, our seven shooters stayed hydrated and stayed focused.  Jeremy, Dave, Andrew, Caleb, James, Scott, and Forrest--it was a pleasure to work with you on the line.  It was an experienced shoot, with 5 of the 7 shooters having attended before--including 2 RBC veterans from 2007!   ^:)^

We did not give out any patches this weekend but it was not for lack of persistence.  Several shooters are right there...including Jeremy with a 204 and 207, James at 202 and 203, Andrew consistently in the 190s.  You all know what you are doing, now it's just the matter of practice!  Then come back and see us again!  I was happy to hear several of you are already looking for your next event.   O0

Thank you to the students and instructors who shared their centerfire rifles on Sunday--students were able to ring steel with M1As as well as AR platforms in .223 and .458 SOCOM.

The Caledonia Sportsman's Club was a great host, giving us the run of the facility as well as providing lunch.  Pat could not have been nicer, making sure things were ready for us, coming back at midnight to address a nest of bees on the range, making sure the air conditioning was on and the clubhouse was ready for our breaks, and repeatedly offering more fluids to keep us hydrated and upright.  This was the first Project Appleseed event at this club but I hope it is the first of many.

Thank you to the instructor crew, Caliper, Snipette, Zazzles, and EEEE, and to your Saturday shoot boss, Steel Thunder.  As always, it was a pleasure.

I am not able to post photos before work, but will be back tonight.  In the meanwhile--have photos? Have thoughts?  Let's see 'em and hear 'em!

Oz (your Sunday Shoot Boss)
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Oz

Hmmm, not that many pics on the phone.  I saw someone else, though--post up!

You have 5 minutes...use 'em!

NPOA drill, all hands!

First and last redcoat...this stuff works!

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Snipette

I think that's my que from OZ to post my pics!  What a great weekend!  Thanks to ALL our amazing shooters!  So many so close to riflemen!  I so look forward to "patching you in" at another event soon!   To our young men- Caleb and Andrew-  You were joys to have at the event!  Excellent job all weekend!  Way to hang in there as well to our other shooters!  It was so hot, but even with all that, you guys really did well!
So, without further ado... Here's what I have for pics... in multiple batches! 
See you all soon!
Snipette
(Your Blue Hat for the Weekend) 
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

Snipette

Here's some more!!  :)  Enjoy!
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

jmonarch

Little disappointed in myself, but had a great time with my boys.  Instructors were great!