News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promoting Appleseed at targeted events

Started by SteelThunder, August 10, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

Do you wear your Appleseed stuff at events and around in general public?  I always wear my Appleseed sport shirt at all shooting events that I compete in and also the T-shirts around town. You'd be surprised how many people you can engage in a conversation with.  In addition, I always request at competitions that I get a little time during the safety briefing to promote Appleseed and how it can help your overall marksmanship. Here's a video of me at yesterday's three gun match, where I spoke to at least a dozen people about attending the October Appleseed at this club.

http://youtu.be/uH5NK5HRRmc
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

D.O.M.

I love my Appleseed T Shirts. My Hoodie too, though few have asked. It seems that when I tell them what it is, they want to believe we are re-enactors. Mostly from the 1860's  #) . It turns out, pretty much everyone up here in da nort' woods uh Michigan "already knows how to shoot"  :---

half of the students at the Oscoda event were from Fenton!  ;)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Rider

Did I see you at the Region 3 Conference on Sat, D.O.M.?

D.O.M.

I was there. Fly-Boy was there too. He was called up to speak about the Alcona CERT program, and his experiences being a teen in CERT.

I also saw and spoke with someone who attended one of the Fenton events. He goes by "Webster" on the forums.

It seems that Appleseed folks have a strong showing in community involvement  O0

Where were you sitting? With MCSAR?

Rick "D.O.M." Gull
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73