News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas WY 8/1-2/2015 the AS that wasn't (IBC)

Started by colonial shooter, August 03, 2015, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Once again were welcomed warmly by CCSC. What a beautiful weekend, Temps in the 60's in the mornings and highs in the 90's. Hardly a cloud in the sky.  As the day began, wildman57 and Nik D quickly thru up a firing line (t posts and wire). However, as registration began, we started to worry. There were no students! But we were seeing IIT's come out of the woodwork. Some local and some from as far away as Sheridan,WY and Lincoln NE. What to do? Well with 5 IIT's and 2 "old" redhats, we did what every patriot does... WE said the pledge of allegiance, had the IIT's go thru the 4 safety rules,and making a safe rifle, then split into teams. 1st team then brought rifles to the line and the day finally began. Everyone, got the opportunity to run the line and SHOOT! History was inserted with question and answer period included. Sunday led us to the long distance range, Unfortunately, it was occupied. That did not stop us from setting up a relay, allowing participants to engage targets (gongs) from 200 to 500 yds. A very productive weekend to say the least.

Please add your thoughts and comments/pictures here!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

M1bzrk

Thanks for making lemonade out of sour lemons, folks.  Hope it was worthwhile for you as it was for Sam and myself.  You have all stepped up and brought rays of hope to this sometimes disgruntled old man. 
Thank you, Barb, for FINALLY taking an orange hat.  Thanks to Erich, Nik, Jason and Steve for making time in your busy schedules, and thanks to Eric for coming all the way from Lincoln - great to see you again.
As Sam said, it may not have been an Appleseed, but it was a great IBC and folks got promoted and advanced. 
Thanks to Converse County Shooting Complex for making the range(s) available to us.
What improvements have been made since the first RBC I attended in April 2009.
New gravel at the pistol range, higher berms, new canopies and a rolling gate.  Great improvements, folks.
I think folks really enjoyed the KD "gong show" out to 500.  That really brings it home that you can do it, just like Fred says.  The almost instant feedback with the gongs is very nice.  If you have not been to Douglas, you are missing something, both as a range and as a town.
OK, Sam, I'll cut it short and post some pics.  KEEP THE FAITH