News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA JULY 25-26, 2015 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 30, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

16 Sea Cadets beginning a week long training.  1 Dad and his 4 boys...two days of teaching, history and fun....Yeah I know I keep saying this is one of the best ever...and it was, more it was one of the most rewarding weekends.

Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club hosted us on their wonderful range.  Temperatures in the mid to upper 80's...great for a summer in the mountains.

We began Saturday with the safety briefing, and the Red Coat.  Then turned on the firehouse for everyone to sip from.  With levels from never shot before to a returning rifleman, it was a busy day. 

We broke for lunch and the strikes.  Very much appreciated by all.  (including the adults listening with the Cadets).

Back to work and helping to get everyone on paper, sighted in and work on positions.

We got one AQT in before the final Red Coat of the day.

I handed out Young Patriot patches...the most I have ever handed out before; 19!!  (One of the Cadets was in a training and joined us on Sunday.  He had attended an event last year)

It was a wonderful experience to have them cheer us at the end of the day.  Very rewarding.

Sunday morning started with a review of safety, then we dove in to the reviews of Saturday's teaching.  Groups were beginning to shrink on lots of targets. 

We had mechanical issues with some of the rifles, rear sights coming loose, a broken firing pin and a few other minor/annoying things...every one was very patient as we dealt with the issues.

A break for lunch and more stories...DOM's and a few Determined Dames.

AQT's in the afternoon and some nice scores were coming up...Keevin shot a 198 (I think) and there were a lot of 150's-180's. Some more practice and we'll have a few riflemen out of that group.

While I didn't hand out any rifleman patches, I saw 21 Riflemen & Riflewomen.  These young people are our posterity and I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of them.

I hope I get to see you all again some time.  Bring friends.

A BIG, HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL FOR HELPING US CLEAN UP AND TEAR DOWN.

A BIG, HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL MY INSTRUCTORS FOR COMING UP, BRINGING LOANERS AND YOUR UNIQUE TALENTS TO ASSIST.

I hope everyone who took pictures this weekend will post them.

Thank you all again.

Laurie

A list of your instructors:

Laurie         NorCal22Cal   Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Linda         Ducky
Vinnie         Vinnie
Matthew      Scoutcamper
Hans         Libertarian777

scoutcamper

:pics:

NorCal22Gal

Thanks Scoutcamper and Vinnie!!!  Great pictures from a great weekend!