News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Market, AL July 25-26, 2015 - LadySeed

Started by EddieB, July 28, 2015, 10:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Alabama's first LadySeed was a success!  Nine enthusiastic ladies gathered to learn marksmanship skills and heritage.  In spite of the incredible heat and humidity (typical Alabama summer day), the participation stayed right at the top.  After GTEngineer told the story of the First Strike, we moved into the safety briefings.  Since most of the ladies were new to shooting, Rusty gave a brief equipment class explaining the features and operation of the rifle.  We then shot our first Redcoat target.  DianaC and T.J.8 taught the six steps of firing a shot, proper positions, and the Natural Point Of Aim.   The ladies showed steady improvement as they practiced each new skill.  Nakia worked hard and her results showed it.  Kelly seemed to be a natural at getting good groups.  At lunch we moved into the air-conditioned club house and listened as Rusty told the Second Strike, and then it was back to the line.  We closed out the day with the Third Strike and a final Redcoat, and then held a LadySeed Top Shot competition shooting at steel targets!  Amelia and Lauren were first and second place.

Sunday was another scorcher.  After a review and some squares, we started with a magazine drill that puts several skills to work at the same time.  Next up was the AQT!  We didn't get any rifleman scores this time, but everyone enjoyed the challenge.  Xanyah made dramatic improvement and was in friendly competition with her mom, Tasha.  At lunch we heard about several Dangerous Old (and young) Women whose sacrifices helped preserve our Liberty.  Then it was back out to the range.  Tejaslady, our Applecore volunteer, enjoyed her time on the firing line.  The second AQT showed much improvement among all the shooters.  Persist like Riflemen, ladies, and you will become one!  The ladies shot at bowling pins at the end of the day, and then it was time to say goodbye.

Thanks to all the ladies who decided to spend their weekend at this LadySeed.  Everyone increased their marksmanship and appreciation of what our Founding Generation did for us.  We hope to see you and your friends at another Appleseed soon!

A big thanks goes out to the Madison County Shooting Sports Association for the use of their range.  This was the inaugural Appleseed event at this wonderful facility, and we look forward to our future events here.

Rusty gives a class on the operation of the rifle.

Six steps of firing the shot.

Learning all about the prone position.

IMC is best taught in an air-conditioned club house!

Ladies on the Firing Line.  Huzzah!

LadySeed Top Shot competition.

More photos here:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/New%20Market%20AL%20July%2025%202015?sort=3&page=1

Pop Revere

Good Job LADIES!!! O0 O0  ............. and gentlemen ::)

The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

GTEngineer

It was a honor for me to share the weekend with such an enthusiastic group of women shooters, even though the weather got hot very quickly both days, everyone powered through it and your groups from Saturday morning versus Sunday afternoon really showed how much you have all improved.  Rifle markswomanship is really a wonderful skill to hone your body, mind, and a great way to let the everyday "stuff" fall away.  It is also a great bonding experience with others and family members!

I hope that you will all spread the word of Liberty and Appleseed with your family, neighbors, friends, and new acquaintances so that everyone will remember what was sacrificed for us.  I hope that the history made an impact to all of you as deeply as it has to me, and the stories of those brave women, men, and children who stepped up to preserve Liberty for their posterity shall never be forgotten.

Remember, a Riflewoman persists!

Congratulations to Eddie for his green hat!
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..."
Ecclesiastes 9:10

1st Appleseed: Nov 16/17, 2013. Gurley, AL
2nd Appleseed IIT0: April 19, 2014.  Rising Fawn, GA

KD:
May 24/25, 2015. Manchester TN

RFKD:
Aug 20/21, 2022. Bothell WA

Requal:
Sept 30, 2017 Custer, WA
Feb 9, 2020 Redmond, WA
Apr 11, 2021 Redmond WA

Pistoleerâ„¢:
Nov 23, 2019 Eagle Creek, OR

Pistoleerâ„¢ requal:
May 22, 2021 Parma, ID
Mar 12, 2023 Redmond, WA

NRA Rifle Instructor

Maximum Ordinate

Despite being scorching hot, this was a great weekend to have Alabama's first Ladyseed!

My thanks to all the shooters and instructors who came out and persevered!

I've got a few pictures in my Photobucket, but none make me happier than this one... our new Shoot Boss EddieB with the two youth shooters, Xanyah & Amelia.  Amelia was winner of the Top Shot Ladyseed with a max score of 9 possible points when shooting steel!

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.