News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR New Philadelphia, OH July 25 -26 2015

Started by Invictus Maneo, July 28, 2015, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

First off, a Great Big Thanks to Tusco Rifle Club and Colt for hosting yet another fine Appleseed. Appleseed could not prosper without the assistance and willingness of all the clubs and ranges like Tusco that host the shoots. Again, Thank you.

All of the shooters, which included numerous families, were outstanding. Great teachable attitudes, great improvements, a good sense of humor and all were very diligent and safe.
In addition to the "Winterseed Patch", perhaps there should be an "Amazon Jungle Patch" as I am sure that the heat index was way up there. Nonetheless all in attendance prevailed and were all on paper for the Redcoats.
Dave's persistence paid off by qualifying Sunday afternoon with smiles all around. I always appreciate how the other shooters respond when someone gets their patch. That is my paycheck. It was a treat to watch the faces of the young shooters as they rang steel at distance Sunday afternoon. The Garands provided by Charley and Little Buddy provided a first-time opportunity for many of the shooters and most seemed wowed by their experience.

It was humbling, enlightening and educational to work with a great corp of hats, 2 Blue, 2 Orange and no less than 2 other Shoot Bosses. They made my job easier, fixed my mistakes, kept me laughing (Getting Your Monkey On!) and kept the shoot going smoothly, safely and professionally. It gives me hope that in attendance were a father/son Orange Hat/Blue Hat, father/daughter Shoot Boss/Blue hat, husband /wife Blue Hat/Orange Hat and even a Shoot Boss that was older :cool2: (and much more experienced) than me. I also appreciate how all, Shooters and Instructors alike, pitched in at the end of the day on Sunday when the skies finally let loose to help cleanup and breakdown the line.
Pictures anyone???
Great shoot, see you on the Appleseed Trail and keep your powder dry!
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Charles McKinley

A BIG THANK YOU to TUSCO rifle club!  It is by far the nicest fascility I have worked at and it has the nicest members I have worked with!  Thank you for all the work and hospitality you extend to AS!

The shooters were great all weekend and we had a safe and smooth shoot.  Progress was made by all.  I'm sure that many patches will be earned in up coming shoots from this group.  I hope to see all of you again.

To all the volunteers I had a great time meeting  and working with you all.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Charley

What an AWESOME weekend!! The teachable attitude of all the shooters, and a GREAT group of instructors! Having never worked with any of you except Corvette, we pulled together and pulled off a great shoot! It was an absolute pleasure working with each one of you and I hope to you all again in the future! To all the shooters....keep at it! There were great strides in improvement throughout the weekend...I see future riflemen and riflewomen in our midst!! I don't have many pictures but I have some.

Charley

Getting some instruction

Charley

Our promising youngsters!

Charley

Rifleman Dave!

Charley

Andrew shooting the M1 Garand!

Charley

Josh shooting the M1!

Charley

Bas shooting the M1!

Charley

Steel targets at 100 and 200 yards

Charley

Little buddy's M1 target at 200 yards

Cadence

Charley,
Is that one of your Garands with the scope scope?  O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

little buddy

Happy Hunter

As always , I am so happy to have Appleseed at Tusco.

JustaShooter

So, this is where y'all hang out when you aren't running a shoot?  ;)

Anyway, you know me better as Dave, and I'd like to thank you all once again for making this past weekend one of the best of my life. I had been shooting rifle and handgun for 3 decades but had never spent much time shooting from field positions, and had exactly zero sling experience. I couldn't even figure out how to set up the brand-spanking new USGI sling I bought, but some patient instruction got me squared away pretty quickly.  And in those two short days you taught me enough of the basics for me to be able to eke out a Rifleman score on my final AQT on Sunday, something I fully expected to take several attempts.

Since I'm not real good at having my picture taken, I missed the obligatory "show off the Rifleman AQT" part of the pose. So, here it is - and yeah, I see lots of room for improvement. See you in October, when I plan on bringing even more friends with me.  ~~:)
Christian, Husband, Father
Rifleman

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

bas

I'm not so good at navigating this forum. I found this by accident. :-\ That aside, I would like to say thanks to all of the instructors for making my first shoot as an orange hat the best it could be.  I am constantly amazed at the caliber of people that not only instruct but the participants as well. All of this and I found my long lost (older) brother Lee.    I can't wait get on my "monkey" again real soon.

Bas
"If ever a time should come,
when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
--Samuel Adams, 1776--

Corvette

BAS,

Looking forward to seeing you again in Oct.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!