News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer Michigan - July 25 & 26, 2015

Started by Graywolf, July 27, 2015, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a fantastic time at the Lapeer County Sportsman's Club during the weekend of July 25 & 26.  We had 7 dedicated Americans turn out to celebrate our heritage as Americans and learn more about the eventful day of April 19, 1775.  The weather was hot and humid but they all hung in there and came to the line for every course of fire.  It was an exciting event.

Congrats to Rob (DragonMedic) on scoring a Rifleman score of 220 (then followed it up with scores of 211 and 228).  He also stepped up and took an Orange Hat.  Huzzah!

Ryan. Eric, and Jeremy kept knocking on the Rifleman door and very nearly got it open.  Hang in there, guys!  A rifleman persists.  You will get there. 

I want to thank Roundballer for taking time to come out to the range on short notice and giving us a demonstration of the Brown Bess and allowing the shooters to fire a round through it.  It was a real highlight of the weekend.  Also I want to thank all my instructors for taking time from busy schedules and other obligations to come and provide the mentoring and instruction necessary to make an event happen.  I also want to thank the Lapeer County Sportsman's Club for providing such a wonderful facility and for being such gracious hosts.  Thank you all.

I will post up pictures if I can figure out how to get them off my Iphone.  In the meantime, I know other pics were taken so let's post 'em up!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

A few pics from the weekend.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Hammer Forged

O0
Mr. Surplus, giving Samuel Whittemore his due!!
  :bow:

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Congratulations to our team on another successful event at the Lapeer County Sportsman's Club. Well done my friends! Congratulations and welcome aboard DragonMedic.
Ryan. Eric, and Jeremy, your close, don't give up. I look forward to seeing each of you earn your Rifleman patches.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Roundballer

You know that the sun was bright when a little bit of smoke makes a shadow on the ground.

This was a great group.

Good to see you again DragonMedic, congratulations on making rifleman!  I'm sure we will meet up again.

Roundballer

Well, a week has passed, and there was a Cowboy Shoot at the Club.

Here is the story that I was told when I saw this leaning in the rifle rack outside the building:

A Cowboy shooter (who is also an Appleseed Red hat and present for this event on Sunday), found this over where the vehicles were parked.  He didn't recognize it and placed it there so that it could be claimed.

Said Cowboy.  I had a hard time finding a pic that wasn't just his back:

The item that was found:

Now it didn't take a WIZARD of a detective to make the decision on where to post notice that this had been recovered, but it did take a observant D.O.M.