News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN July 18-19 2015

Started by Janir, July 22, 2015, 04:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janir

Sorry for the late post on this folks, but here we are!

Great weekend everyone. for 90+ degree days and near obscene humidity, (I'm pretty sure we weren't in Florida!) You guys all worked especially hard in the heat. With 2 new Riflemen, to boot!

Thank you all for coming out and look out here for pictures from the event coming very soon!

-Janir
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

BrotherBill3

It was a very warm weekend; on this the 240 and 1/4 anniversary of the events we recall to learn from.  All survived, and we had a fine crew and a great group of American's wanting to learn what we had to share. 

On to the pictures of the days:

Spending the day with some Fine American Patriots ... Learning History Marksmanship and Heritage ... Project Appleseed ... here we are learning Inches, Minutes, Clicks ...

"THE REGULARS ARE OUT"
First Strike of the Match
Who fired the first shot on Lexington Green?
What was the actual mission of the British Regulars that day?
History Heritage Marksmanship

PHOTO LINKS

SECOND STRIKE!!!!
Lonestar 6 delivering the true history ... Project Appleseed ...
What caused the British Army to break and run at the north bridge?
Captain Isaac Davis "I HAVE NOT A MAN AFRAID TO GO!"

PHOTO LINKS

First AQT ... for a fine bunch of Americans

PHOTO LINKS

And AMERICA!
Third Strike!
HUZZAH!
Where was the Shot Heard Round the world fired?... HINT:  Longfellow got it wrong, Merriam.

PHOTO LINKS

Huzzah!
3 young men earned a William Diamond Youth patch

And
2 new Rifleman

Out of this fine cast of Awakened Americans

SUNDAY:

THE REGULARS ARE ON THE GREEN
LEXINGTON MILITIA
DO NOT FIRE UNLESS FIRED UPON

We quickly got into the "AQT Grind" so I only got 2 more photos (which I forgot I took by the end of the day HAHAHA on me):

It was a busy eventful day;
EPILOGUE:

Well I didn't get to do any more pictures today.
I forgot to hand off my phone (as a camera) so someone could get photos of the rookie orange hat giving what were, based on all reports, a couple of fine tales of some "Dangerous Old Men"  ;)  ... 

All in All - Another Excellent day with this fine group of AMERICANS!
Thanks to all that were there!
Project Appleseed -
Learn Some Marksmanship - Understand some History - LIVE the Heritage.

BrotherBill3

. ... double post sorry ...

Lonestar6

Huzzah! We had a great weekend of history, heritage and marksmanship. A big thanks to Janir for coming down from the frozen tundra to green hat the shoot and to our friend TJ for loaning us his firing line.

The marksmanship was excellent with 2 Riflemen produced and several others knocking on the door. We had 3 fine young men on the line who showed great discipline in the heat and will become great Riflemen as they get stronger; so, push ups and dry fire practice and some more push ups.

Brother Bill did a great job on the line as well as telling some mighty fine history stories on Sunday.

Did we mention Indy is collecting hats, adding orange to his collection? Huzzah!

Thanks to all who participated and I hope to see y'all again at another shoot.

In Liberty,
LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

indygunguy

The young men on the line this weekend did an EXCELLENT job.  It was very hot, but they hung in there, paid attention, shot safely, and showed a lot of improvement!  I hope to see all three of them back at future events (psst - we'll be in Elwood in September).

There were two Riflemen this weekend, but several others were close (psst - we'll be in Elwood in September). 

Janir - Again, thank you for making the drive for this event!

TJ - Thanks for lending us the line!

Bocefus - Thanks for coming out on Sunday!  Your rifleman expertise/insights and diligence as an RSO are much appreciated.

Brother Bill - Nice job all weekend, and I thought your DOM stories on Sunday were especially good. 

LS6 - Always great to spend a weekend with you, and thanks for the encouragement! 

Lonestar6

How could I forget Bo! Maybe because, like that masked man of old, he just rode on in and got things done.

Thank you Bo.
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.