News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Newark July 18 & 19, 2015

Started by Corvette, July 22, 2015, 12:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Another great shoot at Dillon Sportsman Center at Newark, Ohio

Saturday dawned sunny by hot and humid. 12 dedicated shooters braved the heat to start a great weekend of shooting and heritage. The day started with the welcome and safety briefing and before we knew it, we were on the line shooting the first Redcoat of the weekend. The initial results were promising with half of the shooters qualifying at 100 yards. Instructions followed on the steady hold factors, the six steps and NPOA and everyone was working hard on their skills.

At lunch, we did the first strike and then headed back to the line for instructions on seated and offhand. After a second strike during the afternoon break, we completed a practice AQT and one live one. While we didn't make any Riflemen on Saturday we set the stage for Sunday. The Saturday PM redcoat was shot and improvement was obivous.  We had 80% at 100 yards, and 60 % at 200. Four joined Daniel Morgan's rangers.

The day ended with the third strike and we broke down the line.

Sunday dawned with no change in the weather.  Hot and humid.  After several NPOA drills, we started our AQT's.  One shooter rose to the top. Jim  set the bar with a 235, a 220, and a 214 on his first AQT's.  Jim was a returning Appleseeder. He attended his first Appleseed last year and dry fired frequently this past winter.  That work paid off for him and he just killed it on Sunday.

The weather was oppresive and we shot the Sunday Redcoat mid afternoon.  The results were impressive.  100% of our shooters qualified at 100 yds. 60% qualified at 200 yards, and 30% at 300 yards.  We had the pleasure of introducing the M1 Garand to several of the shooter and spent the rest of the day shooting the Garands.

We broke down the line early which was a good thing as nasty thunderstorms arrived about a hour after we ended the day.

Corvette 
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

piscatorial_phd

This was my first Appleseed on the line, but my second attended. Last time I was planning on shooting with my son, but my nephew was visiting so I signed him up and let him take my rifle. My son shot Sharpshooter and I barely squeaked in Marksman. "We'll be back.'

Thank for the great instruction and for allowing my son to shoot the M1 Garand. I counted that he hit 18/24 with the big rifle. What a thrill it was for him to hear, experience and be part of history.

Corvette

It was our pleasure to have you both join us. Please share your experience with family and friends and come back and see us again.  Oh, and bring some more folks with you.  We have Rifleman patches waiting for both of you. O0

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EmeryE100

This was my 2nd Appleseed. I didn't qualify 'Rifleman' but I did shoot better than last year. Still had fund and learned more.  Looking forward to my next Appleseed.

Below is the link to the pictures I uploaded to my Facebook page.  Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/emery.ellis.9/media_set?set=a.10206379422661106.1073741834.1134007972&type=3

Corvette

Emery

Thanks for the pics. See you soon. I still have a patch waiting for your 210.

Corvette